Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Four Bands Announced for future DLC by Harmonix

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By SMTDante89

From the Rock Band Forums and HMXHenry:

"Hey gang,

We've hit 2 million likes on the Rock Band Facebook page! Not only is this an epic milestone for our community, it also marks the finish line for an early DLC reveal that we've been teasing for the last few weeks.

Though we had initially announced it as a tiered reveal (i.e. announcing 4 artists if we hit by 9/19, 3 artists if we hit by 9/26, etc), you were all so supportive of the drive to 2 million likes and you generated so much awesome discussion that we're just going to go ahead and announce 4 artists anyway!

In the coming weeks and months, you can look forward to seeing DLC packs from the following artists:

Coldplay, a highly requested community favorite, will join RB for the very first time!
    Breaking Benjamin will add more tracks, including a few key requests after their last pack
    Stevie Wonder, another newcomer to RB, will delight keyboardists and dazzle the rest of the band with funk

Rounding out the 4 artist announcement, there's also a single coming from:

Dream Theater, one of the most challenging bands featured in RB, and a favorite among the hardcore

With these artists (and many more!) in the pipeline, we hope you guys are as excited about the upcoming DLC as we are. With over 200 consecutive weeks of DLC under our belts, it's great to see the community conversations, song recommendations and play through discussions remain constant over the course of the last 4 years. This is an amazingly supportive community and all of us here at Harmonix genuinely appreciate all the love you continue to give the Rock Band franchise.

Check out this discussion thread to share your feedback on these artists. Rock on!"

I'm really excited for Dream Theater and Stevie Wonder. Not so sure about Coldplay and Breaking Benjamin though.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By A Likely Story

Eh, not a fan of any of them, to be honest (especially not BB). Would consider buying the Dream Theater tracks for the difficulty, though.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

I love, love, love, love Stevie Wonder.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By 234r2we232

Thanks, Harmonix. I now know to not be excited for future DLC if these are really the most exciting artists you could think to name.

Do not want any of those bands, especially Dream Theater. Gross. I'm beginning to think Rock Band is not for me anymore.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ssj4raditz

Stevie Wonder is cool, don't really care much about the others.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Chummy8

Still no BRMC.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel

"Coldplay" and "highly requested" shouldn't exist in the same sentence.

Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Natesaint

Dream Theater is cool, RB could always use more metal. BB is crap, Coldplay is bleh, and Stevie Wonder is okay I guess. To much crud like Weezer and now Lady Gaga in that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.