Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Rock Band 3 spices up the brand with the addition of a keyboard peripheral as well as "Pro Mode," and offers eighty-three new songs to rock out to.

Post Your Rock Star

• 57 results
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I want to see what everyone's created characters look like. Take a picture and post it here! 

(Shitty cell phone pictures are accepted. :P) 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    He's somewhat based off of my previous RB2 dude, but I accidentally made him pretty buff. Oh well, that just gives me the opportunity to create an insane backstory about how he was lured into a steroid addiction after using it for muscle treatment following the Endless Setlist 2. He's since kicked the stuff, but still works out regularly to maintain his new-found buffness.
    FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @JJWeatherman:  
    First off, nice work with the rock star. I like the crazy hair/glasses/facial hair mixed with the fancy suit.

How does the character customization work now? I only had a few hours to play around with RB3 last night and most of that was spent on music rather than characters, but what I did see left me kind of confused. When I made my rocker I could choose from 5-6 preset outfits. Did they take away the ability to customize shirt/pants/feet/gloves separately? Or is it only for the initial stuff where all of those are combined into one "outfit"?

And then how do you get more options for clothing? In 1 & 2 you earned money for gigs and then browsed through what was available and bought the pieces you wanted. It seems like they changed that in 3 but I can't figure out how it works now . I created the same rocker for the first two games and I'd like to recreate him here but I need to figure out how to unlock the pieces I need to rebuild him.
    skinnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By skinnyman
    @FunkasaurusRex: I am kind of in the same boat as you, having spent all my time last night playing music, not doing much with my character. However, I do know that the money system has been replaced with unlockable clothing items. Playing challenges and getting good scores, as far as I can tell, is the only way to unlock new clothing.

I also found a spot to look through different shirts, and to add gloves, glasses, hats, etc. but the setup was fundamentally changed and I am not seeing any options for swapping out pants or shoes, for example. Maybe I don't have any unlocked? Anyway looking forward to playing it some more to really get the hang of it.
    FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @skinnyman: Hmm, so now I just have to hope that none of the pieces I want are tied to a challenge that I can't beat. Seems like an odd design decision to me, I thought the money system worked fine.
    I also found a spot to look through different shirts, and to add gloves, glasses, hats, etc.
    Did that let you look through just the stuff that you've unlocked or was it a listing of all items in the game and how to unlock them? I'm hoping the game shows you all the items and tells you what you need to do to get them, because it would be really silly if you just had to randomly beat challenges and hope you got something you wanted until someone figured everything out and put a list online somewhere.
    skinnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By skinnyman
    @FunkasaurusRex said:
    Did that let you look through just the stuff that you've unlocked or was it a listing of all items in the game and how to unlock them? I'm hoping the game shows you all the items and tells you what you need to do to get them, because it would be really silly if you just had to randomly beat challenges and hope you got something you wanted until someone figured everything out and put a list online somewhere. "
    Nope, it only only showed stuff that was unlocked as I remember. Looks like random unlocking silliness is in store for us for the next few weeks.

Personally I don't mind the new setup, hopefully I will get surprised by some cool stuff at some point soon - although like you said I'm not sure why they changed it.
    FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

Bummer. Okay, well if anyone runs across a black leather jacket and an eye patch let me know ;)

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

I made my band yesterday, which is composed of my dude and 3 chicks.  Trying to make a good looking girl in this game is really hard.  The premade full characters look fine, but none of the basic faces do.  One of the preset female faces looks like plastic surgery disaster Micheal Jackson.  I felt like I was fighting with the game.  It wanted to make some horrific alien creature, and I wanted to make a cute girl.  I was eventually able to make 3 good looking women, but it took more effort than it should have.  Making dudes however wasn't a problem at all.  The guys look like people.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @FunkasaurusRex: I actually didn't spend a super long time in the customization menus, but from what I saw, you do get to see all the available clothes. It has individual shops with different clothes styles just like RB2. The change is that you have to unlock the stuff before you can wear it instead of just buying it. Same with the instruments. Shoes, pants, tops, glasses, hats, rings, etc. are all customizable. Seems like no options were taken away, you just can't add that stuff when you first create a character. You need to go into the customize menu after your character is already created. I haven't payed too much attention to this, but I'm not sure it does tell you exactly which goals will unlock which clothing items. If all else fails though, I'm sure there will be a guide to that stuff up on GameFAQs or something. 

Oh, and this thread is in desperate need of more pictures. :)
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By melcene

I still have to create my toon.  Last night we were too into just jumping in and actually playing.  Pics from me tomorrow! :)

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By 234r2we232

The first items I always bought for my characters were the checkered Vans shoes, and the eyepatch.

I have to actually play songs to unlock these now? Eff this game!

But seriously, if I have to be a jack-of-all-instruments to unlock all the items I want, blah. Admittedly, that sounds like it could suck.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By melcene

I dunno... I played maybe 15 songs yesterday and it seems like I unlocked a TON of crap.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 234r2we232
    @melcene: Were you playing with a reasonably full band?
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By melcene

4 players - Vox, Drums, Guitar, Bass

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @melcene: 
    Do you know if you get points/credits/whatever for players that aren't signed in to a profile? In my limited testing last night I noticed that after a song I would frequently get a bar that popped up and filled in with more points/credits/whatever towards different goals but my wife, who was not signed in and was just the generic "Player 2", did not get any kind of popup bars. I wasn't sure if that was because she wasn't signed into a profile or if she just wasn't earning anything.

You said you unlocked a bunch of stuff with 4 people so I'm just curious as to how you did it.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By melcene

All of our players were signed into profiles, though only 2 of the profiles were Xbox Live profiles. 

I know what you're talking about though - we had many times where it looked like I didn't get anything.  I was actually quite surprised today to see on xbox.com how many achievements I'd racked up in that short amount of time last night.  So I think that even though it said that someone else opened stuff up, I got that stuff too.   As for how... I dunno, we just played.  Various achievements seemed to open up various things.  Like I remember our drummer opening up Luchador boots, and our guitarist opening up a Dr. Acula cape.  It all just came while playing.  Also, this was all in quickplay.  We didn't do any career mode yet.

But if your wife wasn't signed in to a profile, I would image that it wasn't giving her credit because it wouldn't have been saving to a particular profile on the hard drive.

FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

Do you know if the unlocks are profile specific or once one person unlocks it does it become available for anyone? In your example, could your singer equip the boots and cape that your other band members unlocked?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By melcene

I don't know - I haven't taken the time to do anything with my toon/band members.  I'll be checking it out tonight and reporting on it tomorrow if no one else does.  All I know, until I get home and get to mess with the game again, is that there were just so many things popping up on the screen, I got a whole bunch of achievements and didn't even know it last night.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Bigrhyno

I will once I am able to play.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bigrhyno
    No Caption Provided
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Bigrhyno: Nice. I like the belt buckle.  :)
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Bigrhyno:  Nice cleavage ;P
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brunchies
    @Bigrhyno: I don't know why but that belt buckle looks like the one in brutal legend.
    FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FunkasaurusRex

Thanks to the previous suggestion, I went back through the customization menu and found a ton of items available. I was afraid I was going to be limited to the crappy first outfits until I locked things one at a time! All I had to unlock was the eye patch (activate overdrive 4 times in one song using pro keys)

No Caption Provided
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @FunkasaurusRex: Awesome eye-patch! :P So does it tell you somewhere what challenges unlock which items? 

Moar pictures!
    djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By djstyles92

No Caption Provided
    Yup it pretty much looks like a super awesome version of me
    FunkasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FunkasaurusRex
    @JJWeatherman: 
    If you're browsing through the clothing items and you run across a locked one it will give you the name of the goal you need to complete to unlock it. Then you have to go over to the goals screen and flip through those for a while until you find the one with the matching name so that you can read what you need to do to complete it. Not the most intuitive process but it works :P
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Daveyo520
    @JJWeatherman: NO!
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By rjaylee

I'm trying my damnedest to dress my guy back up like I did in Rock Band 2, but it's going to take me forever just because that jacket I need requires 5,000,000 points overall in pro Keyboards. Doesn't help I'm just awful at pro keyboard too.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Stahlbrand

Alright, sorry for the terrible image quality, my camera is really really old and half-busted.

This is a pretty fair likeness of me.

No Caption Provided
    Dig my stab at a Whiskey Media Members shirt logo.  Its not finished yet, forgot the 'since 2010' part.

No Caption Provided
    Cleaner image.
    Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Kiera

Am I doing it right? : )
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Kiera said:
    "
       Am I doing it right? : ) "
    Sure, why not?  :P 

But you fail, due to the guitar hero guitars.  :(
    Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kiera
    @JJWeatherman:
    "Rock Stars" are not game specific. their in both! haha
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By Sooperspy

I still haven't made a character. I will probably do that tomorrow.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stahlbrand

Finished logo.

No Caption Provided

The fact that you can start large and then rescale and move a logo once you apply it to a T-shirt (etc) is really an improvement.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Stahlbrand said:
    " Finished logo.

No Caption Provided
    The fact that you can start large and then rescale and move a logo once you apply it to a T-shirt (etc) is really an improvement. "
    Nice! That looks awesome. Does it let you put designs on the back? It would be awesome to have the roller coaster on there too, although that would be so much damn work.
    Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Kaburorne
    @Stahlbrand: That really is great!
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 234r2we232

Whenever I see that Member logo, I can't help but think of McVities.

No idea why.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheHT
    @JJWeatherman:  that looks like danger mouse!

@Bigrhyno: that looks like brad nicholson!
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By melcene
    @Kiera: Depends... do you actually play, or did you and your friend just want to pose for an interwebs pic? 

Anyway... While at first I thought the new facial customization options were cool, I'm still not digging the RB3 faces.  I messed with mine forever last night and it still came out jacked up.  I am happy with my outfit though.  Will post tomorrow though.  I still want to try to get the face right.  Also:  female hair options are still somewhat disappointing.  Why can't I have curly hair without having dreads or a fro damnit?!
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stahlbrand

@melcene: Yeah my main female bandmate always wore the 'femover' cut in black with a purple highlight, but in RB3 that cut is only available in solid colours.  A minor disappointment.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By skrutop
    @JJWeatherman: Me and my wife 

Brüno Thrash
        Brüno Thrash

Mrs. Legna Thrash
     Mrs. Legna Thrash

You can't tell from these photos, but Legna has the band logo (boobie chick with a kitty over her crotch) under her bra strap.    Brüno has the logo on his right calf.
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ragdrazi

Myself.
     Myself.
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#43  Edited By SMTDante89

Not completely finished with it yet (I think) but here's what I have so far minus one small adjustment. 

Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Kaburorne
    @SMTDante89: Is that you, Lemmy? 
    No Caption Provided
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#45  Edited By SMTDante89
    @Kaburorne:   Funny, because I usually main Bass and Vocals.
    Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kiera
    @melcene:
    It was an action shot taken with our Kinect.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By melcene

Me-RB3
    Me-RB3
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Kaburorne said:

" @SMTDante89: Is that you, Lemmy? 

No Caption Provided
    "
    more like Rob Zombie 

(right)

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CaptainObvious

I am dissapointed in the lack of Billy Gibbons look alikes.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @melcene: Nice. I can't tell if there's anything on your shirt due to the lighting, but if not, you should mess around in the design editor and put something crazy on there. :P 

@CaptainObvious said:
    " I am dissapointed in the lack of Billy Gibbons look alikes. "
    As am I.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.