Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

Ratloop Asia's 3x IGF Finalist 2D action platformer features a chicken commando fighting back against an oppressive penguin regime.

Anyone Play the Demo?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

I had never heard of this game until I checked in to the PSN store yesterday. It had a high rating by fans so I decided to try the demo. I just played the demo for this game and was pretty surprised. It's a weird game story and presentation-wise. The graphics look pretty good if a little simple. The story is weird. I have no idea why they decided to make the characters animals because, besides how they look, there really isn't a good reason gameplay-wise. The story is a little silly as well. But what was cool was the gameplay. It reminded me of a more linear Flashback/Blackthorne sort of game. It was pretty fun.

Has anyone else played the demo? Does anyone own the game? If so, does it stay linear the whole time or does it open up a little?

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By abdo

The game has some going back and forth, mostly getting keycards to unlock doors you couldn't get through earlier, but it's fairly linear. Not that it's a bad thing though, it's still a lot of fun to play.

Avatar image for radioactivegazz
    RadioactiveGazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RadioactiveGazz

I just bought it a minute ago. Is badass, I love it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JasonR86

@abdo said:

The game has some going back and forth, mostly getting keycards to unlock doors you couldn't get through earlier, but it's fairly linear. Not that it's a bad thing though, it's still a lot of fun to play.

@RadioactiveGazz said:

I just bought it a minute ago. Is badass, I love it.

That's all good to hear. It was fun in the demo and I really, really liked Flashback and Blackthorne. I know this game doesn't have the ambition of those two games but I'm fine with it just being derivative of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.