Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Ryan Davis will never play one of my games

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By PufferFiz

When I woke up this morning I and refreshed my usual web pages this certainly was not the news I was looking forward to. At first I thought it had to be a sick troll, it just had to be. But when I read the article on GB the needle finally stuck. And it sucks, and I feel really shitty for everyone involved. After reading all the wonderful memorials, not that the sadness went away, but the feeling of people getting together doing things really warmed my heart. But then it hit me again. Ryan will never play one of my games. Ryan and Jeff are certainly not why I got into the industry but were people I dearly respected for their knowledge and fairness to games. It is defiantly hard to explain, it is just like, reading his work and watching his work for years, I want his opinion, good or bad, because I know how experienced he is. Knowing this just puts the weight of his death back on my heart. It is just so sad, I really just can't say anymore.

Thank you Ryan Davis for existing and pleasuring this world with you and your work. You will truly be missed, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ryan was worth more than any of your future games put together.

That's not to say that you won't make amazing games(maybe you will)... but Ryan's memory will still be worth more than anything that your mind will ever create.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

@paparoach: Was not trying to imply that anything I made worth more then him, quite the opposite.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ryan was worth more than any of your future games put together.

That's not to say that you won't make amazing games(maybe you will)... but Ryan's memory will still be worth more than anything that your mind will ever create.

What is your deal? Its not a contest.

paparoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By paparoach

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.