Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is a prequel to Sacred, taking place 2,000 years before the events in the first game. It has a new graphics engine, which is able to render in 3D but keeps the original game's isometric perspective.

Is this still glitchy or is it worth picking up?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ineedaname

I was a big Diablo 2 player and I need a RPG fix and I'm wondering how buggy this is, or if it's worth picking up now?

What's the general time people have invested in this aswell, is there "bang for buck" from this?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

It's not much less glitchy than it was when it came out, got one patch on 360, don't know about the PS3 version.  I think the company is out of business, so I doubt we'll get long term support.

I think the game's pretty decent though, but I suspect you'd see some major price drops if you wait a while.  Even if it turns out it sold like 300K on NPD day, game prices are dropping like flies in the case of lower profile games.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

Yeah but by the time the price drops other games will be out, and my turnover rate with games is incredible, I don't necessarily complete them but I get bored so I play another game and then go back to the one I got bored of at a later date, but at the moment I've completed most of my games and I have 2 copies of CoD: WaW and Vegas 2 I may aswell get rid of so it shouldn't cost much, are the bugs crazy noticeable?

Cheers for the quick reply btw.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Diamond

My first few hours were virtually bug free.  The game always feels a bit clunky, but no major problems.  Ran into a quest where an item didn't appear when it should have, saved and quit and restart and the item was waiting for me, didn't even have the kill the guy again.

Later on I ran into weird movement glitches, where I would get stuck and unable to use combat arts until I went to the map screen and back to the game.  Happened to me like 15 times and it was really annoying, then suddenly that problem went away too and it's been smooth since.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

Hmm well as long as there are no long term persistent problems I can put up with that. If they're just save and quit ones that's simple enough for me.
    I think I'll be picking that one up when the shops open to save me falling asleep =D. Maybe one day Diamond I'll see you online randomly in one of the games we both own.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Hmm well as long as there are no long term persistent problems I can put up with that. If they're just save and quit ones that's simple enough for me.I think I'll be picking that one up when the shops open to save me falling asleep =D. Maybe one day Diamond I'll see you online randomly in one of the games we both own. "
    Glitches are never persistent; that's why they're called glitches. ;)
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ineedaname
    @End_Boss said:
    "
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Hmm well as long as there are no long term persistent problems I can put up with that. If they're just save and quit ones that's simple enough for me.I think I'll be picking that one up when the shops open to save me falling asleep =D. Maybe one day Diamond I'll see you online randomly in one of the games we both own. "
    Glitches are never persistent; that's why they're called glitches. ;) "
    Hence why I changed my terminology from glitches to problems ;)
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ineedaname

So I picked it up today, I'm level 9, it's a pretty mindless game but a fun one at that, it'll be keeping me entertained for a while I think.
    Also I've not ran into any problems other than a few path finding ones, nothing annoying though.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pweidman

There are some irritations but nothing too bad.  There have been two updates btw.  And to the tc, the game may seem simple and repetitive, and it is pretty much, but the challenge is properly setting up yur character to survive silver, gold, platinum, and god help you Niob difficulties(my first character was fun, but an utter failure on harder diffs,lol).  This is the challenge and gets very strategic, and being thoughtful, and using hard earned experience, or trustworthy advice is key.  The game is soooo huge and very deeply layered with gear and skill choices...endless gameplay really.   And btw, I mostly play shadow now, but anyone playing S2:FA from GB, hit me up on XBL(include a message so I know who) if you wanna co-op some.  GT:PWEID5

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

I'll add you when I load it back up later, although I'm not a high level so I'll probably need to grind abit, what's your level?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pweidman
    @Ineedaname said:
    "I'll add you when I load it back up later, although I'm not a high level so I'll probably need to grind abit, what's your level?"

I'm grinding up a HE and I think I'm 23 now.  You have to be same alignment in campaign but not in freeworld btw, and you can play together up to 10 levels apart. 
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ineedaname

Ah well I'm doing a light campaign so maybe a while ahead if I complete it'll run through it again or if I get bored, I might give that evil-only dude a run through soon just to see what it's like.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By EpicSteve

It's worth getting if you like those types of games, and you can get it less than full price.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ineedaname

If you'd read the posts I picked it up anyway =(

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By ptc

This game is fantastic.  I'm doing a SW, level 15 now and only 2% of the map explored.  This is indeed Diablo for the 360 - but I'd say even better.  Massive replayability. 

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
    Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Scieran

This game suck balls. Can't believe people are actually dumb enough to go buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Scieran said:
    " This game suck balls. Can't believe people are actually dumb enough to go buy it. "
    Nice opinion.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pweidman
    @Scieran:
    Ummm.......no!  It's very addictive fun and there's nothing really like it on the 360.   The game performs  very good on or offlne considering the size and scope of the game.  A bit repetitive,  but the challenge of getting a character set up right and surviving(the higher diffs especially) is plenty enough to hook players who like this genre imo.  Props to M$ for getting it in the library.
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By fugie7

Im only a lvl 23 temple guardian and iv only explored most of the elf and human realm so far. I think the game is great to keep youself busy while waiting for the new diablo and starcraft for the pc.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Galv

Love this game. It has tons of little problems but it is still a hell of a lot of fun. Played for about 50 hours with my Seraphim.
    Also seeing that they have already released 2 patches it gives me hope that they will fix more of the problems in the future.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Shadow

It's not very glitchy other than the fact that the game flat out freezes every time i try to use a certain (although fairly useless) power.  I actually really, really like this game.  It's like if Diablo took place in an Oblivion-type world with the humor of Overlord.  The achievements are well done (although hard to get at points) and is a really deep game, complex, fun game.  On the other hand, I'm a sucker for this highly customizable loot collecting thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.