Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Installing to 360 = Big difference

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

So I played a bit of the game off disc and did notice the framerate taking the occasional dip and things not looking as smooth. Nothing game breaking or anything. I just installed it and there is a major improvement in my eyes to the overall experience. So I suggest taking the few minutes to install the game before starting.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I had nothing as big as what was shown on the quick look even when not installed.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I have it installed and the framerate still dips quite a bit, especially when going fast. It also hitches up regularly when it's autosaving. It's hardly enough to ruin the experience but it is disappointing and annoying.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ottoman673

I've almost wondered if Giant Bomb's been playing with a 360 that's about to take a shit -- because i had no similar issues either. And they've had issues with other games, as well, that i haven't had such severe technical issues.

The textures are a bit muddier but i've managed to keep 30fps pretty consistently.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Take a shot every time we have a Matrix callback.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Yeah, I installed immediately and have had frame rate issues for sure, but nothing frequent, maybe a 3 second hitch up every 30 min or so. Kinda sucks but nothing that has impacted my ability to play the game. It's a shame cause there are probably people that will just listen to the podcast and potentially skip the game when it's perfectly fine.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Where are you in the game (no spoilers, just an hour mark)? One of the big problems with the console version (specifically the 360 version) is that later on in the game when you are powered up and doing a whole bunch of stuff at once that the game REALLY takes a hit. It's not such a big deal in the beginning because you aren't doing much, but by the time your jump and sprinting is all maxed out along with the element powers and you're taking a bunch of guys out at once and moving super fast the fps just can't handle it. I'm pretty sure Jeff mentioned this in the quick look at some point, too.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait till the endgame

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Its not optimal but I've not had any issues that severely impact my enjoyment. I think they were being a little to hyperbolic about how bad the console versions were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.