Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Should I buy the season pass?

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cubidog1

I've heard the dlc are a couple hours long, which would be dissapointing. But i love Saints Row. I am about half way through Saints Row The Third. Hopefully the last one will be super good. Tell me how long it would be to beat the previous two dlc's and if I should buy the season pass.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I've heard Genki Bowl VII is short (and bland) and Gangstas in Space is also only about an hour or so long.

So... only if you really, really like this game and really, really are desperate for more.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I wouldn't say so. I think it's best you just wait for it to go on sale because A) They're both only like an hour each and B) Genki Bowl VII is a load of garbage considering the price. Gangstas in Space I don't think is all that good either, though a lot of people may disagree. But Genki Bowl at the very least is not worth investing towards the Pass for and is unanimously disliked, and you also don't even get any of the added clothing/weapons/vehicle skins shit by purchasing the pass either.

Frankly I'd say it's worth skipping the pass and maybe just get Gangstas in Space and the Trouble with Clones DLC. I can't be bothered doing the math, but maybe you'll actually save some money that way? Plus it's hard to say at this point just how good the Clones DLC will be (though given the trend, that'll also probably only be like an hour long), but if you hold off the Pass then you might at least get some time to think it over and decide which of the two you'll want to get, because no matter what you decide with Gangstas in Space and Clones, Genki Bowl is best skipped over all the same.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Rekt_Hed
    @Cubidog1 I REALLY liked saints row the third. both DLCs are really short. I think combined I must of spent about 6-7 hours playing the DLC (including achievement hunting)

I mean Microsoft themselves assign gamers points depending on how much depth there is to the content and both packs combined are 200g

Now I've had the season pass since I finished sr3 and after playing both I would say if you TRULY want more saints row go and get it. But if money is tight you would be best to hold of until there is a sale on this stuff because like crack every bit you get leaves you wanting more even though at the time everything is great

Anathem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Anathem

You save a dollar by getting the season pass instead of buying them separately which is shitty savings. You do get that Nyteblade stuff, but imho that stuff isn't really that good. I'm waiting for it to go on sale. In the meantime, I can work on the saints book stuff or play it through again if I need a fix.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Honestly, the one thats been somewhat worth it has been Gangstas in Space (out of the pricey DLC anyway) and the only thing I actually enjoyed out of all the DLC is the Shark Shotgun. But even then, Gangstas in Space was still not worth a purchase IMO.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By chrissedoff

No way, man. The DLC has been butt so far.

Alo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Alo81

If you go to the THQ website, you can get the season pass for half off, assuming you're playing on PC.

The coupon code is "GameShadow50", just use it at the end of transaction and you get all the DLC for $10. If it's not worth 20 bucks, it's definitely worth 10.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mustachio

If the Season Pass included all of the DLC I might recommend it. As it is? Not even slightly worth it.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By The_Ruiner

Hell no...I bought it...wish i hadn't..

Anathem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Anathem

@Alo81 said:

If you go to the THQ website, you can get the season pass for half off, assuming you're playing on PC.

The coupon code is "GameShadow50", just use it at the end of transaction and you get all the DLC for $10. If it's not worth 20 bucks, it's definitely worth 10.

Thank you! I've been on and off about getting this because of the questionable value, but I just managed to pick it up for AU$9.50 on the UK THQ store.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By strainedeyes

I'd say no. I bought it and have been very disappointed. Wait to see if the final Clones dlc is a game-changer first, which I doubt it will be.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Cubidog1

Thanks everybody. I think I won't buy it. Maybe I'll buy the last one if its good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.