Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

There's a LOT of cars in this game

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By EvilDingo

I've been playing through the game's story and is pretty much just messing around in the city now.

I'm a bit surprised though, that now (well above 30 hours in) that I still come across new car-types. I've just come across a sports-car called Temptress I've not noticed in the game before - but this has actually happened probably 3-4 times after the I've completed the game.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MikeGosot
    @EvilDingo said:

I've been playing through the game's story and is pretty much just messing around in the city now.

I'm a bit surprised though, that now (well above 30 hours in) that I still come across new car-types. I've just come across a sports-car called Temptress I've not noticed in the game before - but this has actually happened probably 3-4 times after the I've completed the game.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I've been thinking I'm only seeing the same ones all the time.
    Bootlegger, Justice, Phoenix and the Kaneda bike.
    Rest is typical trucks or cops/cleaners/firefighters.

Strange.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeGosot
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:

I've been thinking I'm only seeing the same ones all the time. Bootlegger, Justice, Phoenix and the Kaneda bike. Rest is typical trucks or cops/cleaners/firefighters.  Strange.

I only saw ONE Bootlegger and ONE Phoenix.
    Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Akrid

I actually felt that there are very few... Aside from the rare-spawn cars that catch me off-guard sometimes it seems like I've only seen 2-3 cars per "type" wherever I go. 

Edit: Yeah, the wiki says there are just 65. Might not be filled out entirely yet though.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By mariokart64fan

every saints row was like that i still find cars i never drove in saints row 2 , i found this car that looks like christine from the movie christine lol,i think its called the compton , and when im in the marina i find limos, and such that normally i would not find in the other parts and the cemetary i always found rusted up cars

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By donchipotle

Once I found an Attrazione I never needed another car

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By EvilDingo

@DonChipotle said:

Once I found an Attrazione I never needed another car

Well... honestly didn't NEED other cars than that Torch I picked up as my first car for most of the game... But the completist in me has to take a new model car to my crib, so I have one of each.

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I've been thinking I'm only seeing the same ones all the time. Bootlegger, Justice, Phoenix and the Kaneda bike. Rest is typical trucks or cops/cleaners/firefighters. Strange.

Actually didn't run into any Phoenixes until late in the game. Also found that many of the Jeep-like cars are a lot of different models.

At the start of the game I was on the look-out for a Hammerhead, since I quite liked that musclecar from Saints 2 - but I figured it wasn't there - but then I earlier today came across a car called a Hammer. I'm not entirely sure if this is the same car-model, since I can't remove the roof of the Hammer and it seems a bit more like an SUV. It sounds like a muscle-car though.

I'm almost entirely sure that they removed the Harley-like Sabretooth - otherwise I would figure all the bikers in the city would be riding that instead of Estradas.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaggE

There are cars that aren't the Raycaster? I refuse to believe it.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mrcraggle

Wait, people are driving cars that aren't the TRON/BTTF car? I don't know if it is, but that care just feels crazy fast to me. It gets off the line quick and takes corners crazy sharp.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

I spotted a Gat-Mobile cruising around recently. I spent the next 10 minutes setting pedestrians on fire.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

There aren't as many vehicles as you think, but I think there's at least a good ten or so that are pretty rare.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.