Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sam & Max Episode 301: The Penal Zone

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 15, 2010

Sam & Max are back to protect the world from a power-mad space gorilla in the first episode of a brand new season from Telltale Games.

Is this a good place to start with Sam and Max?

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By buwchbach

so, I have came about to the decision that I would like to buy Season 3 of Sam and Max, but I have one question, is any or much information about the Comics, TV show or the the past two season's needed to enjoy this season. 
    If you choose to answer then I thank you.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Meltac

I haven't played it yet, but I think that they made it so they could gather new fans to the series, so you shouldn't worry. The two other seasons are still great, so you shouldn't skip them, and they can be bought fairly cheap now.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah I think they're using this season to gain new players, so be one of them! 

Personally I'm still working on season one, and have been for like... years now. I'm kinda stuck on whether I should finish it and 2 up before three, or just do them later. 

buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By buwchbach

I would like to buy every season, but money is an issue so I would like to get season 3(As it seems to be the most accessible) and then work my way back through seasons 1 and 2 if I like it enough.

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Tornac

The other seasons are great, but, no, you do not need to play them to understand Season Three.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Jambones

There are jokes I recognize as being references to Sam & Max Hit the Road and such, but it's all good: You don't need to know about sizzling Weasel on a Stick™, Trixie the Giraffe-necked Girl,  or anything like that. Though you really should ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.