Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sea of Thieves

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2018

Set in an era of classic piracy, Sea of Thieves is a first-person open-world game where players form a crew of pirates and sail off to find treasure. As it is a "shared world" game, pirate crews can encounter other crews and engage in epic maritime skirmishes.

Sea of Thieves is a Play Anywhere game. Cross platform multiplayer?

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If this really is Play Anywhere and allows cross platform between Win 10 and Xbox One this game might actually be worth my while.

I have a lot of gaming friends who use high end PCs. While mine is middling at best I enjoy playing some games on the TV. This might finally allow me to play on the TV as I like while my PC posse can stick to their master race mouse and keys.

Microsoft should have done this ages ago...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I'm pretty sure they've said that every Microsoft published game going forward will be digital cross-buy between Win 10 and Xbox One. Whether or not a game has cross platform multiplayer will depend on the game, but Sea of Thieves seems like a good candidate since there wouldn't figure to be much in the way of control advantages for one system over the other in that type of game.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rare said at Gamescom that it won't have cross platform online play at launch, but they are working on getting it into the game.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@brandondryrock: That's disappointing. I guess I can still play on PC with friends and have the option of Xbox play later down the line. It's probably a hell of a thing to shoehorn in to your game if it wasn't planned for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.