Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Seaman

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 1999

Using the Dreamcast microphone, Seaman allows players to raise a witty fish-like creature with some guidance from Leonard Nimoy.

Seaman: Day Ten

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Edited By JohnTheGamer

A milestone of sorts! I’ve stuck with my seamen for ten days! As usual I begin by adjusting their environment. 

It's Studmuffin! Meant to put this in yesterday's blog.

Afterwards I check the insect terrarium to see what food I have for Poseidon and Studmuffin. I still have two moths, one spider and two eggs. I spray down the insect terrarium and watch the two eggs hatch, producing caterpillars. I grab one and drop it in for the gillmen. Not before witnessing one of the caterpillars stand up, like pretty much every other creature in the game, they have a human face and it is creepy.

Studmuffin had turned a color of gold a few days ago while Poseidon stayed the same grayish color. But now I’m noticing a purple design on Poseidon near the top of his body. I begin talking to Studmuffin but he never asks me any questions. I move on to Poseidon and he doesn’t want to talk at all… until I tickle him some, then he opens up.

The questioning continues from yesterday as Poseidon asks me about my mother and tells me his knowledge of me and my family is growing ever more complete. After no more questions I make sure everything is in order and take my leave.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JohnTheGamer

A milestone of sorts! I’ve stuck with my seamen for ten days! As usual I begin by adjusting their environment. 

Afterwards I check the insect terrarium to see what food I have for Poseidon and Studmuffin. I still have two moths, one spider and two eggs. I spray down the insect terrarium and watch the two eggs hatch, producing caterpillars. I grab one and drop it in for the gillmen. Not before witnessing one of the caterpillars stand up, like pretty much every other creature in the game, they have a human face and it is creepy.

Studmuffin had turned a color of gold a few days ago while Poseidon stayed the same grayish color. But now I’m noticing a purple design on Poseidon near the top of his body. I begin talking to Studmuffin but he never asks me any questions. I move on to Poseidon and he doesn’t want to talk at all… until I tickle him some, then he opens up.

The questioning continues from yesterday as Poseidon asks me about my mother and tells me his knowledge of me and my family is growing ever more complete. After no more questions I make sure everything is in order and take my leave.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Dood, Studmuffin is a baller!  That's a nice shade of gold, too.  Maybe I'm missing the purple design, but oh well. 

Also, what's Studmuffin's deal?  I'm wondering if the AI is setup to only have one fish asking questions at any given time, and if you make one unhappy, the other one will start back in with the questioning?  Oh well, it's still interesting to see the personal relationship you are building with this game.  It's really got me interested in hunting it down. 

Also also...I think Poseidon might be planning to murder you in your sleep and steal your identity.  He's acting a little too Mr. Ripley with his questioning.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW
    @jakob187 said:
    "  Also also...I think Poseidon might be planning to murder you in your sleep and steal your identity.  He's acting a little too Mr. Ripley with his questioning. "
    Agreed. Poseidon should catch a shank soon. 
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

So Leonard Nimoy is leaving you to your own devices now, eh? 

Also, has anyone put Jeff's face on a seaman in the photoshop thread?

Come to think of it, his face already looks pretty Jeffish.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnTheGamer
    @jakob187:  Purple design is on Poseidon, and yeah Poseidon always mad or depressed.
    @DanielJW: Funny, I watched that Jeff Gerstmann video.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.