Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadowrun

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released 1994

Based on William Gibson's Neuromancer, Shadowrun for the Genesis is a darker, grittier, and more open-ended game than its counterpart on the SNES.

You should check this game out, chummer

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

I wonder why when discussing the almighty Genesis, this game never gets mentioned. It's like a proto-Fallout but with much, much better writing and atmosphere. It's not even nostalgia since I played this 1994 game as late as in 2006, it was like finding a hidden gem. I put this on my PSP, just for fun and got hooked playing this all christmas break. Anyone else think some soycaf would be whiz right now?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well I just finished Shadowrun Returns, so I've had my fill for a bit.

But sure we could use more cyberpunk in games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Genesis one is weak. It's no comparison to the SNES one.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funkydupe

"we could use more cyberpunk in games".

You are absolutely right. I cannot wait for Cyberpunk 2077.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It was certainly ambitious game with random side quests that you could endlessly grind for karma. Although that does make the beginning a slog since it feels like you can't do anything at first. Regardless though, the story in the SNES is much better even if it makes the game much more linear than the genesis version.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Recently having re-read the Sprawl trilogy by William Gibson I couldn't agree more that cyberpunk needs a stronger presence in gaming - although I'm not sure that Cyberpunk 2077 is exactly what I'm looking fore, I'm willing to give it a shot.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

it's totally under rated gem and handled by the team who did Jurassic Park and Vectorman.

Surprised no one talks about the paper and dice RPG and it's all about nostalgia of the SNES game.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lol

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the Megadrive version of Shadow run madly for a three days a few years ago. Really pulled me in.

I have faffed around with the Snes one and it didnt grab me.

While i have played many hours of Shadowrun on Xbox. The crossplay didnt work and would just lag the matches. I had a great bunch of friend we played all the time, so much so we ended up sitting in the lobby just useing it as party chat long before 360 did have party chat.

However we played alot of it too. Two fave moments was playing as troll, i could build it up to be a scarey one hit melee teleporter. It was feared so much when I used the build that on this occasion my friend saw me and just ran. One hit and I would have died since I was low on health, I had to laugh. The other time one hid behind a tree of life in a corner and people couldnt get them. I Teleported through the wall ontop of them blocking them from escape and all they could do was scream as I slashed at them.

Still to play the new shadorun. My dad got realy into it untill he learnt it was super linear and he lost intreast. Same reason wjy I didnt get into Snes Shadow run.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The SNES version and Genesis version are both very cool in their own way.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Schattenlauf

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stete

I really wanted to get my hand on this back in the day but alas there was no PAL release for this.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By veektarius

Back when I was going back and playing old SNES RPGs, I tried this one out, but could not figure out what I was supposed to be doing. Probably my fault, I wasn't very old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.