Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 30, 2014

An adventure game featuring Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, and Toby the basset hound.

Is no one excited for this?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theacidskull

I mean,the games isn't to that far away and no one seems to be talking about it. It seems very similar to L.A Noire only it ha a lot of elements from the BBC SHERLOCK series. It's seems pretty interesting and cool to me that you can basically collect clues right on the spot by just simply looking at something or someone.

I've seen the gameplay/footage and so far it definitely seems very intriguing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

After all the build up from Justin McElroy I am actually kind of interested in this title. The trailer was pretty well put together and I like the concept.

EDIT: Holy shit I skimmed through the video (don't want to spoil anything for myself) and they have some really interesting systems in this game. It looks to be really deep and the graphics are looking sharp as well.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i don't know if "excited" is the word I'd use, but i have a certain amount of interest in playing it... once i have gotten my fill of the tons of other fall releases that I am anticipating more than this. I've enjoyed the prior two Sherlock games, and this seems to have some stuff in it that sets it apart from the adventure/puzzle game pack. We'll see.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm gonna buy it for sure. It looks really promising, and Justin McElroy's stories about it on the E3 Bombcast are incredible.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

After all the build up from Justin McElroy I am actually kind of interested in this title. The trailer was pretty well put together and I like the concept.

EDIT: Holy shit I skimmed through the video (don't want to spoil anything for myself) and they have some really interesting systems in this game. It looks to be really deep and the graphics are looking sharp as well.

I know right? I've been looking for a game that encompasses a lot the great elements from A.L Noire. Only it seems to take a step from the Noir atmosphere and sets itself in a completely different environment, which is very cool.

What really got my fascination though is the fact that it seems to borrow a lot of elements from Sherlock. I wonder How that'll work out in the game itself.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way the GBDudersFeed worded their tweet about "honor[ing] Justin McElroy" almost makes it sound like he's dead. He isn't, right? I sure hope nothing's happened to him.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lets enjoy some voice acting in sherlock holmes crime and punishMINTS.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Vonocourt

Unless something happened in the past eleven hours, Justin McElroy is fine and loves the vita. Also he's a father now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one more day!

I am genuinely really excited to play something other than Destiny on my new PS4 and what better game to kick off a long tradition of awesome gaming than SHeven!

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theacidskull

@humanity said:

Just one more day!

I am genuinely really excited to play something other than Destiny on my new PS4 and what better game to kick off a long tradition of awesome gaming than SHeven!

WAIT! It comes out tomorrow? I completely forgot!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got pretty interested in this, but then Middle-earth seemnigly turned-out to be really awesome, so...maybe I'll check this out later on, if the reviews are positive.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Humanity

@theacidskull said:

@humanity said:

Just one more day!

WAIT! It comes out tomorrow? I completely forgot!

Well on Steam it does anyway..

Sherlock Holmes on STEAM

Here is a pretty cool Launch Trailer

Loading Video...

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play this game eventually. That said, the BBC Sherlock series is not good.

I wish they'd take more inspiration from The Best Sherlock Holmes:

Loading Video...

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By theacidskull

@humanity: My Mac isn't strong enough to handle that game!

Oh and I've seen the trailer, and it looks absolutely awesome.

Acornactivist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Acornactivist

I really want this game to be good. All the concepts are there... We will soon see.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does this game work fine on the consoles or is PC a must?

Metalman781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Metalman781

I have it for Xbox One and I am enjoying it. It's kinda like the CSI games but I enjoy it much more

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

I've been wanting to jump into this series for a while and I might start with this one.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does he die in this one? We should probably ask the developers if he dies in this one.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@korwin said:

Does he die in this one? We should probably ask the developers if he dies in this one.

He died in the last one.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I'm 3 cases in and loving it. Pretty surprised to find out that it needs you to actually pay attention and put some analytical effort on your own. It's currently 20% off on Steam!

By the way, Justin McElroy wrote a review for it on Polygon and I recommend reading it if you're not sure about the game.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome game. Played it on ps4 and its the best game so far this year for me.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By amafi

@rethla said:

Playing it on the PC with a DS4 controller.

2 cases in so far, and I think I might love it. It's certainly the best one of the frogwares ones so far, and I've played every single sherlock holmes game since the consulting detective ones in the early 90s.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amafi said:

@rethla said:

Playing it on the PC with a DS4 controller.

2 cases in so far, and I think I might love it. It's certainly the best one of the frogwares ones so far, and I've played every single sherlock holmes game since the consulting detective ones in the early 90s.

I get weird stuttering during the travel animations but apart from that it works fine on PC.

I'm on the second to last case and it has been pretty interesting thus far. Although not as many crazy gruesome cases as I expected.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty disappointed there is no quick look for this. Especially after the E3 story. I need to go find that video to watch it again.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm 3 cases in and loving it. Pretty surprised to find out that it needs you to actually pay attention and put some analytical effort on your own. It's currently 20% off on Steam!

By the way, Justin McElroy wrote a review for it on Polygon and I recommend reading it if you're not sure about the game.

I've only finished the 1st case so far (Alien: Isolation time!) but agree with this. I totally botched the first case and upon playing some parts of it again, I realized what I had missed.

also, thank you @a_e_martin for posting that Jeremy Brett clip. I loved that show!

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who was it that was probably way to excited about this game on one of the E3 shows?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sterling

@somberowl: Justin McElroy. Video below. The story starts just shortly after the 25:00 mark. But you might as well watch the first 25 minutes, its all gold. In fact watch the whole thing like I did last night.

Loading Video...

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By a_e_martin

also, thank you @a_e_martin for posting that Jeremy Brett clip. I loved that show!

I'm glad to hear it! I'd say it's easily one of my favourite TV shows. Well worth getting on Blu-ray if you have the chance.

Who was it that was probably way to excited about this game on one of the E3 shows?

That was Justin McElroy, and I think his excitement was pretty much justified, for what it is.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By amafi

Justin talking about the demo he got for the testament of sherlock holmes is easily one of the best moments in internet history. The weird vaguely french accent, bursting out laughing, having the fact that holmes dies spoiled 10 minutes in, the best.

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pete0r

I picked this up as I'm always on the look out for murder mystery games that interest me. Also living in the heart of Conan Doyle country adds a bit of flavour.

I've only just started into the second case, but during the first I thought it was nothing special to begin with until I started getting clues that fed into the brain/imagination 'piecing the whole thing together' screen. When I saw that you could piece the clues together in different ways depending on your point of view, the game really kicked into a different gear in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure I've just sent at least one innocent man to the gallows, but how can they argue with the worlds greatest consulting detective.

TheFakePsychic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By TheFakePsychic

I have to say, I am actually shockingly impressed by this game. I played through a decent chunk of The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and wasn't particularly impressed, but this new one is actually fantastic. I would highly recommend it if you have even a passing interest in adventure games, detectives, or Sherlock Holmes.

You know what they say, seventh time is the charm, I guess?

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say, I am actually shockingly impressed by this game. I played through a decent chunk of The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and wasn't particularly impressed, but this new one is actually fantastic. I would highly recommend it if you have even a passing interest in adventure games, detectives, or Sherlock Holmes.

You know what they say, eighth time is the charm, I guess?

I'd recommend most of Frogwares' Holmes games over the testament of sherlock holmes. I liked vs jack the ripper (has a pretty damn cool reconstructing timeline puzzle thing) and the awakened (sherlock holmes vs cthulhu more or less, how could they miss?). But yeah, Crimes and Punishments is by far their best one.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video has made me genuinely consider buying the game even though I have no vested interest in the fiction.

Loading Video...

I can't stand the editorials of Polygon but their videos are awesome (because they are mostly powered by Griffin McElroy). Compared to Jeff and Brad (I miss Vinny), the McElroy's have better comedic timing and push/pull but on the flip side they can get really really victimizing and apologetic whereas Jeff is almost always pretty levelheaded.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@killer_meatballs said:

I'm glad to hear it! I'd say it's easily one of my favourite TV shows. Well worth getting on Blu-ray if you have the chance.

Didn't know there was a Blue-ray box set. Thanks again!

Knurstel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Knurstel

Some janky animations and very frequent loading screens are the only things I dislike about this game. I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.