#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
  • Director: Seiji Kishi
  • Assistant Director: Yoshimichi Hirai
  • Series Composition: Makoto Uezu
  • Music: Kotaro Nakagawa
  • Production: Bridge

Will air in Spring 2013.

Famitsu

I'm a bit confused as to why they're making an anime on the second game and not the, what I assume to be, more popular original one, but I've only played DS1. I didn't enjoy DS1 all that much in terms of narrative, but this makes me want to pick up DS2 and see if I might enjoy its story more.

#2 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

DS2 is basically Atlus' love letter to Evangelion.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

Why would you assume the first to be more popular?

#4 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

@Bocam said:

DS2 is basically Atlus' love letter to Evangelion.

This makes me interested even though I never beat Devil Survivor 1.

#5 Posted by Zeik (2189 posts) -

DS2 is the basically the only MegaTen game in many years that didn't catch my interest enough to pick up right when it came out, so I'm definitely surprised to hear it was popular enough to become an anime.

Though it is a bit ironic, since I was just thinking about finally picking it up over the last couple days.

#6 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

At least Io's tits look less stupid now

and the MC's name is now Kuze Hibiki

#7 Posted by Zeik (2189 posts) -

WTF is up with DS main characters and rabbit ears? The first one had those stupid headphones and I just noticed the hoodie on this one.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

this is great.

Hopefully this means we are one step closer to the nocturnime that I know is coming

I know it's not coming shut up let me have my fantasy :(

#9 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

This is crazy. I think I made a joke prediction around the game's launch that it would be turned into an anime.

And

#10 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Eirikr said:

This is crazy. I think I made a joke prediction around the game's launch that it would be turned into an anime.

And

compared ot the original? that is still way way better than it was.

this is basically like half gravity vs. the anti gravity of the game

#11 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

Also I'm assuming this is going to follow the Al Saiduq ending, because that always seemed like the best one.

though I would applaud their audacity if they went with the most fucked up ending all of the world beyond this 3-5 mile radius is water have fun

#12 Posted by JamesJeux007 (467 posts) -

@Bocam: Tell me about it. And I thought Yuzu's boobs in the first Devil Survivor were ridiculous.

I also am curious about this. I haven't played the second game even though I enjoyed the first Devil Survivor, but never finished it (I mean this game gets STUPID hard at the end). Maybe this is gonna convince me to pick up DS2.

#13 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@Animasta said:

compared ot the original? that is still way way better than it was.

this is basically like half gravity vs. the anti gravity of the game

Still a pretty serious case of anime boobs by any measure.

I'm much more excited for this adaptation than, say, P4's, if only because there's lots of demons included in DS2's story. Shiva, anyone? I bet it has less of a budget than P4's, though.

I'm also expecting DS2: Overclocked any minute now.

#14 Edited by Bocam (3668 posts) -

Here's Kaworu

And Yosuke 2.0

#15 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1944 posts) -

Oh crap... I still need to finish this on my DS.

That'll be on my agenda for this winter, maybe? I'd like to play through the game before this comes out.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Bocam: he's way better than yosuke shut your mouth

#17 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

haha a dangan ronpa anime adaptation also just got announced apparently... 2013 is the year for video game anime adaptations, MARK IT DOWN.

#18 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

@Animasta: His one good moment is where drives a truck into an Angel. Too bad he whines the rest of the time. He's even whining in the finale of his fate link, where he's supposed to overcome his fear. At least Yosuke is happy to check out the midnight channel shit and move the plot along.

#19 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

@Bocam said:

@Animasta: His one good moment is where drives a truck into an Angel. Too bad he whines the rest of the time. He's even whining in the finale of his fate link, where he's supposed to overcome his fear. At least Yosuke is happy to check out the midnight channel shit and move the plot along.

well if yosuke was in devil survivor 2 he'd be whining all the time too, that game is a lot more dire.

I am already dreading the scene with Airi and... Kama, was it? ugh.

oh god airi is getting a voice

#20 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Holy heck

#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

well this is... unexpected.

DS2 was a good game though. A pretty big improvement over the first one too.

#22 Posted by Zeik (2189 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan:

How is it improved? If that's true then I may end up picking it up soon after all.

#23 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -
#24 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

@Zeik: They added a bunch of gameplay features that makes it much less frustrating to play than it's predecessor.

for example:

-there's a compendium now, so it's easier to build strong parties for all your characters

-you can make it so that more than one character can crack the same skill on an enemy

-there's a social link-like system in place. If you choose to talk with party members in between battles and say the right things you improve their link status and unlock special bonuses.

-more demon types and racial skills

they might not sound like huge changes but I think they made DS2 a more enjoyable experience overall

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@Animasta said:

haha a dangan ronpa anime adaptation also just got announced apparently... 2013 is the year for video game anime adaptations, MARK IT DOWN.

Yeah, and there's also the Senran Kagura anime as well as the Persona 3 movies probably being released in 2013.

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.