Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jan 27, 2005

Digital Devil Saga 2 sees the members of the embattled Embryon tribe experience true Nirvana in this direct sequel that adds new characters, overhauls the mantra grid, and closes the storyline in truly universal fashion.

Is this game worth playing?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

I'm thinking of getting it, still I'm unsure if I'll like it.  

What are your opinions about the game?    

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Have you played the first one? Do you want to know how the story ends?

that's pretty much all you need to ask yourself.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeust
    @FancySoapsMan said:

" Have you played the first one? Do you want to know how the story ends?  that's pretty much all you need to ask yourself. "

I have the first one, still I haven't played it yet.  

Still I found the game at a ridiculous low price, and I'm tempted. Although I'm afraid that I'll get sick of the Shin Megami Tensei formulae of fighting with personas. 
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Jeust said:
    " @FancySoapsMan said:

" Have you played the first one? Do you want to know how the story ends?  that's pretty much all you need to ask yourself. "

I have the first one, still I haven't played it yet.   Still I found the game at a ridiculous low price, and I'm tempted. Although I'm afraid that I'll get sick of the Shin Megami Tensei formulae of fighting with personas.  "
    The DDS games are really different from the Persona games. You don't use fusion in, instead you have a grid to which you assign skills, like FFX. The story's pretty good, but there are too many random encounters and it can get a bit tedious.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeust
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @FancySoapsMan said:

I have the first one, still I haven't played it yet.   Still I found the game at a ridiculous low price, and I'm tempted. Although I'm afraid that I'll get sick of the Shin Megami Tensei formulae of fighting with personas.  "
    The DDS games are really different from the Persona games. You don't use fusion in, instead you have a grid to which you assign skills, like FFX. The story's pretty good, but there are too many random encounters and it can get a bit tedious. "
    Thanks for that in-depth view. Random encounters is not something I enjoy to a great extent, but the pretty good story seems to make it worthwhile. 

I think I'll play the first one a bit. 
    RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @Jeust: Wow, I actually just started playing the first one today and decided to check out the page. Lo and behold I found a thread by you again! It's actually pretty good, not amazing but good. Since you already have it you might as well play the beginning of it and see how you like it.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jeust
    @RoxasXIII said:
    " @Jeust: Wow, I actually just started playing the first one today and decided to check out the page. Lo and behold I found a thread by you again! It's actually pretty good, not amazing but good. Since you already have it you might as well play the beginning of it and see how you like it. "
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm liking it, still I have a lot of other games on hold. ahaha 
    RoxasXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RoxasXIII
    @Jeust: I hear your pain...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.