Is this game worth playing?

#1 Edited by Jeust (10449 posts) -

I'm thinking of getting it, still I'm unsure if I'll like it.  

What are your opinions about the game?    

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

Have you played the first one? Do you want to know how the story ends?

that's pretty much all you need to ask yourself.

#3 Edited by Jeust (10449 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:

" Have you played the first one? Do you want to know how the story ends?  that's pretty much all you need to ask yourself. "

I have the first one, still I haven't played it yet.  

Still I found the game at a ridiculous low price, and I'm tempted. Although I'm afraid that I'll get sick of the Shin Megami Tensei formulae of fighting with personas. 
#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:

" Have you played the first one? Do you want to know how the story ends?  that's pretty much all you need to ask yourself. "

I have the first one, still I haven't played it yet.   Still I found the game at a ridiculous low price, and I'm tempted. Although I'm afraid that I'll get sick of the Shin Megami Tensei formulae of fighting with personas.  "
The DDS games are really different from the Persona games. You don't use fusion in, instead you have a grid to which you assign skills, like FFX. The story's pretty good, but there are too many random encounters and it can get a bit tedious.
#5 Posted by Jeust (10449 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" @Jeust said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:

I have the first one, still I haven't played it yet.   Still I found the game at a ridiculous low price, and I'm tempted. Although I'm afraid that I'll get sick of the Shin Megami Tensei formulae of fighting with personas.  "
The DDS games are really different from the Persona games. You don't use fusion in, instead you have a grid to which you assign skills, like FFX. The story's pretty good, but there are too many random encounters and it can get a bit tedious. "
Thanks for that in-depth view. Random encounters is not something I enjoy to a great extent, but the pretty good story seems to make it worthwhile. 

I think I'll play the first one a bit. 
#6 Posted by RoxasXIII (144 posts) -
@Jeust: Wow, I actually just started playing the first one today and decided to check out the page. Lo and behold I found a thread by you again! It's actually pretty good, not amazing but good. Since you already have it you might as well play the beginning of it and see how you like it.
#7 Posted by Jeust (10449 posts) -
@RoxasXIII said:
" @Jeust: Wow, I actually just started playing the first one today and decided to check out the page. Lo and behold I found a thread by you again! It's actually pretty good, not amazing but good. Since you already have it you might as well play the beginning of it and see how you like it. "
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm liking it, still I have a lot of other games on hold. ahaha 
#8 Posted by RoxasXIII (144 posts) -
@Jeust: I hear your pain...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.