Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2008

Sid Meier's 1995 turn-based strategy game about the European colonization of the New World gets remade as a standalone expansion to Sid Meier's Civilization IV.

Some Tips please?

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RJ

Hi,
    I'm looking for some help on how to have a fighting chance at the end when the King's army lands. Although I'm fairly decent against the AI in Civ4, I can't even stand a chance on the easiest level of difficulty in this game. I think I start off pretty good but by the time there's 30 turns left or so I find myself scrambling to gather up an army and fend off the King before the game ends, which of course leads me to be greatly outnumbered. I have a sense of the building and economy in this game but building up my cities takes quite a long time and I think I'm just managing them wrong. Any tips would be appreciated.

Bartiemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bartiemus

A good way i find to beat the game is to take out the kings landing ships before they get to your shore if your luck and have a couple of spare war ships floating around and also seting up trade routes in city's means you dont have to micro mange everything hope that helps

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RJ

I never tried building up a navy, I'll try it next time around, thanks for the tip. Has anyone used the Privateers to any success as far as capturing goods from other nations?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.