Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Jun 13, 2008

The long-running Civilization series of strategy games makes a brief (yet smooth) transition to both video game consoles and handheld devices with Civilization Revolution.

Civilopedia

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maxx77

When I first saw this feature in the demo, I thought "eh, that's neat, but who cares about that." But when I got the full game, the first thing I did was check the Civilopedia again. I probably spent at least 30 minutes there just reading about various things. Probably spend a lot more time with that feature once all is said and done. I'd like to read/see everything that's in there. The way it's organized, plus the content and multimedia stuff makes it very interesting.

Don't know if I'm secretly into world history and never realized it, or if I'm in to this feature simply because it relates to a game I'm playing, but I'm really digging it. I've learned more about world history now than I learned in college (didn't major in this subject though), or grade school for that matter.

Anyway, just mentioning it for no real reason.

Tip* For those who don't know, the "fun facts" tab changes each time you go to it for each item. Switch back and forth to it and you should see it cycle through different text.

Doc_Zaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doc_Zaius

I love it.  I sometimes go to wikipedia to learn even more about a subject.

Avatar image for betterthantelevision
    betterthantelevision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a fantastic thing, for sure. The more you learn about history, the more you understand the world around you.

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Manks

I read at least 10 mins of it everytime I start a game of Civ.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.