Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Do i have any hope on running this?

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

this is basically a "can i run it thread" I believe I meet the min requirements, but I'm wondering by how much/how enjoyable will it be. 

I'm playing on an HP laptop with a 9600m 512mb, intel core 2 duo 2.0, and 4gb ram. Anyone have similar specs, and can share how well it runs? Any help will be appreciated, since I already bought it from the store I work at, and I don't know if I should open it, or just return. thanks in advance

Khan2158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Khan2158

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By stonyman65

you should ask the guys at tested about this kind of stuff. Thats what they are there for!

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Renahzor
    @arab_prince said:
    " this is basically a "can i run it thread" I believe I meet the min requirements, but I'm wondering by how much/how enjoyable will it be.  I'm playing on an HP laptop with a 9600m 512mb, intel core 2 duo 2.0, and 4gb ram. Anyone have similar specs, and can share how well it runs? Any help will be appreciated, since I already bought it from the store I work at, and I don't know if I should open it, or just return. thanks in advance "
    There's a free demo on steam, you could always DL that and try it out to see how it acts.
    edinxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By edinxbox
    @Khan2158 said:
    "  http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ "
    WOW. 

NEVER NEVER NEVER go to this website. 

It is the biggest piece of shit out there. 
    It just tells you if you can boot the game up. 
    Not if you can actually play it. 

Just try the demo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Renahzor: @edinxbox@live.nl: Yeah thanks, I think this is my best bet. Is the demo close to the final build?
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Renahzor
    @arab_prince said:
    " @Renahzor: @edinxbox@live.nl: Yeah thanks, I think this is my best bet. Is the demo close to the final build? "
    Should be damn similar, I played it, seems to be the final build with a built in turn limit and no real options for your game except difficulty. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Renahzor: beautiful. Thanks for the help
    Eggroll822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eggroll822

I play on a new dell studio 1558 i3 with integrated graphics, it's playable. So i'm pretty sure you can get by.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By valrog

I think you could run it with everything on low.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By mason

Even if it runs, don't play the large maps with 10+ civilizations unless you have a good computer. My game was running great when I started so I pumped the graphics settings nice and high and played with the largest map available.  

Now in the modern age, there's so much going on in my game that my computer just chugs to a crawl trying to make all of the calculations necessary to render everything. Long load times, constant texture pop-in and weird graphics glitches started happening.

I brought my graphics back to the lowest possible settings and it's running okay (just okay) again. Still the late game will always tax your computer. The complexity just ramps up so drastically.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

The game actually looks good on minimum, I have the same specs as the OPs computer, except for a slightly worse graphics card, a 9400m, cause I'm on a laptop. I run it on minimum, and it's fine for the most part. In the late-game though things might slow down, and turns take the computer a while to process, mainly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks for the responses guys. 

@XII_Sniper: so you can still play it normally on min? I don't have to play it with hexagon view or whatever

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

Here's what to expect. 
    The leaders will be still photos, they won't be animated. You'll see a toooooooooooooooon of texture popin. It won't be that nice to look at. And man, I might steer clear of the largest maps. Good news is its a lot of fun. So fun in fact you might be inspired to upgrade your PC for it.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By haggis

I can just barely run it now, but I'm planning on a system upgrade in the near future, so hopefully that will change. Thankfully the game really does look decent even at low settings. Not great, but not so bad that it feels like you're missing something. Man, though, the end game will bring just about any system to its knees.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jayjonesjunior
    @edinxbox@live.nl: it tells you if your PC meets the requirements announced by the developers (its the devs/producers fault to lie about requirements)
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ
    @arab_prince said:
    " thanks for the responses guys. 

@XII_Sniper: so you can still play it normally on min? I don't have to play it with hexagon view or whatever "
    With your card, yeah it should run pretty smooth on min. I still use the hexagon view, when I want the computer to process AI turns faster, or when stuff gets waay too cluttered for my computer. Again, I'm running off a Macbook Pro, with a Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz, 4 Gigs of ram, and a 9400m. 

You have waaay more video ram, and a much better card, so you'll be fine. Really, if in doubt, get the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.