Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Fonts extremely messed up in demo?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By xMP44x

This is a very, very weird issue I'm experiencing with the demo for the game, which I downloaded using Steam. When I open the game everything looks fine right up until I reach the main menu and beyond. Fonts from there one are incredibly screwed-up, to the point where they're illegible. I've tried restarting my computer to fix it, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm using DirectX9, because it's the only version of DX my onboard graphics card supports. I know, it's a little dated, but the game itself seems to run smoothly enough, albeit with difficulty to actually tell what I'm doing. Does anyone else have the same issues, and is there anything I should do? I'm downloading the Civilization IV demo as well, in the hope it'll work. I want to play something from the Civilization series, but 5 is so messed-up looking on my system I don't think it will be it.

vogon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vogon

what video card (edit: graphics chip, I guess, since no actual card is involved) does your machine have?
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I think I recall seeing something on the official forums about something like this happening when there is a non-standard character in your Windows user name. I believe it's been fixed by a patch in the full game, but it may still be messed up in the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.