Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

New expansion: Brave New World

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

There's a new expansion coming out this summer: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/15/4101742/civilization-5-brave-new-world-expansion

It's $30, like Gods & Kings, and is focused on making the mid-to-late game more interesting with things like revamps of the culture victory, a new lategame "international trade" system, and a new "World Congress" system. The World Congress is the UN of the past Civ games, where you vote on resolutions that affect every player. Of course, there's also the usual array of new civs, wonders, and scenarios too.

I think this sounds pretty great. I like Civ V a lot and I still go back to it, but the parts of the game they're overhauling (especially the culture victory!) can be exceptionally dull. I also missed the old UN, so I'm glad to see that back. What do you guys think - are you interested in this?

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Super interested! More Civ 5 is always welcome.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

I'll wait for the Orwell expansion.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

I guess 2K didn't have any other strategy game for them to work on, so they made more Civilization ( not that thats a bad thing ).

I also always play with victory's off, Huge maps, with 8 people ( as opposed to 12 ).

But I wish they would make a Civ game where they would expand the timeline beyond history. Kind of like empire earth, except not realtime. Because I suck at real time.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MezZa

Well I guess this means I know what game I'm getting next.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dagbiker: Nah. Two expansions are like a Civ standard. 2K has nothing to do with this. This is the mighty Sid. There are a bunch of mods which will expand the game.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Although this does make me want to hop back into some civ, 30$ is way to much I'll wait till it's on sale for 5$.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.