When did Sonic "Jump the Shark" for you?

#1 Edited by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -

To me, the Sonic series died after the release of Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. SA2 was the last great Sonic game, and then they came out with Sonic Heroes for the Gamecube and introduced like 5 new annoying characters and didn't let you play just as Sonic.

#2 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Don't listen to some of the people, Sonic Unleashed is a good game.

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure. 

#4 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
" Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure.  "
I love both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. :(
#5 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

The minute Sonic 3 & Knuckles concluded. The original Sonic Adventure was exciting in its day, but it never came close to the Genesis trilogy. Sonic Heroes was the point where it became apparent that there is little hope.

Sonic Rush was a great surprise though.

#6 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
" Well, it was more like "Jump the Killer Whale", who some scientists would like to classify as a shark, but he did that in Adventure.  "
I love both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. :( "
No, I mean he literally jumped over a Killer Whale
#7 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
Yeah I remember that, but I thought you were using it to say SA was when the series died. :P
#8 Posted by buzz_clik (6972 posts) -
@CoolDrMoney: Save for the fact I've played neither Heroes or Rush, I couldn't agree more.
#9 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" @CoolDrMoney: Save for the fact I've played neither Heroes or Rush, I couldn't agree more. "
Heroes makes you play as 3 characters at the same time, and you basically have to switch between the 3 in order to get over certain walls, beat certain enemies, etc.
#10 Posted by Hailinel (24428 posts) -

Sonic Adventure 2 was just bad.  Or rather, the Sonic/Shadow segments were fun, but the Tails/Eggman bits were mindless.  The absolute worst, however, and what ruined the rest of the game was hunting for Chaos Emeralds with Knuckles and Rouge.  So aggravating I wanted to microwave the game disc.

#11 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
@Asurastrike said:
"
@AgentJ said:
"
Yeah I remember that, but I thought you were using it to say SA was when the series died. :P "
Honestly I haven't played any of the console Sonic games since Adventure 2, so i haven't played a bad Sonic game yet : ) Dark Brotherhood and Rush are great!
#12 Posted by Asurastrike (2166 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" Sonic Adventure 2 was just bad.  Or rather, the Sonic/Shadow segments were fun, but the Tails/Eggman bits were mindless.  The absolute worst, however, and what ruined the rest of the game was hunting for Chaos Emeralds with Knuckles and Rouge.  So aggravating I wanted to microwave the game disc. "
That I agree with. It should have just been Sonic and Shadow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.