Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sony Interactive Entertainment

Company »

Sony Interactive Entertainment is a subsidiary of the Sony Corporation responsible for Research & Development, production, and sales of hardware and software for the PlayStation line of handheld and video game consoles.

Andrew House and Mark Cerny talk PS past and present

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By joshwent

I thought some other duders might find this as fascinating as I did.

House and Cerny gave this interview at the recent Develop conference, discussing their histories with Sony from the earliest PSX days and their involvement with each console afterwards. From their first meeting, House being frightened having to pitch Cerny the risky concept for the first Crash Bandicoot ad, to House staring for a week at 2 mock-ups for the PS4 struggling to make that meaningless yet crucial decision.

It's great to see these two guys, both incredibly influential making not only multiple billion dollar decisions (4GB RAM or 8GB?!) but making calls which influence the greater world of games as they exist today, being pretty candid about a lot of things. And sure, a lot of their talk could be seen as so much PR, but I feel like their claims of wanting to create a platform that best allows great games and experiences for users primarily seems refreshingly heartfelt.

(And if nothing else, it's fucking adorable hearing Cerny call the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, "Andy".) ;)

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

thanks for the heads up, will watch it later for sure.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Does he ask him where Knack went wrong?

Nah, hearing about this stuff sure is fascinating. Though, sometimes I wish we could go back to those PSX days. Everything was a lot simpler back then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.