Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spacebase DF-9

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 15, 2012

As a starbase commander, players must build, operate, and maintain their own space station, making sure the various races that live there are safe and content.

This game should be Mass Effect: Citadel Builder

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Spacebase is a fantastic game, but i really wish it was more. Playing it honestly made me want to make a space-station or space-city, something akin to Mass Effect's citadel. I want to create night clubs, and wards, and restaurants, etc. Anyone else really hope this game turns into something incredible over time? Maybe it's my love of Simcity and Science Fiction, but i would love to see the two blended into a game where you create the space station with more customizable room types, defined races, different personalities, etc.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Willza92

That sounds like a fantastic idea. I'd play the heck out of a good, deep Sci-Fi Sim City game. You can have new species visit your space station, perhaps bringing with them their own politics and stuff. I imagine it would be like FTL but where you play as the trade stations and you can grow over time from good trade and perhaps taking bribes or hiding people. Maybe your space station would have to fight off pirate/ bandit attacks and then as you get big enough, some kind of "ULTIMATE EVIL" which are akin to the Reapers, and have all different Alien species flock to beacon of hope and inter galactic relationships.

AND IT'LL BE ONLINE ONLY! wait what?

Edit- I just realised that the game I just described might exist in the form of Spacebase DF-9, as I have never even heard of this game. Does it?

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
    kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would be all over Simtadel!

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rollingzeppelin
    Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin: From the description, that sounds a lot like the game I described. Wow, that was fast work. Thanks duder :P

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@skyline7284: I recently became addicted to this as well and i keep trying to build something akin to the Citadel or Omega. The only complaint is that it seems impossible to keep your citizens happy and once they become Very/Deeply Sad you might as well let them die because it takes so long for them to cheer up.

It is early access so hopefully Double Fine adds more stuff to make the game more fun and a bit less frustrating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.