Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Splatoon 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 21, 2017

Some time has passed since the events in Splatoon as Marie asks for help in dealing with a missing Callie. Along with new fashion and music trends, the game features new weapons, abilities, maps, and modes. Stay fresh!

Testfire Event in March

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sawtooth

Nintendo announced a testfire event for the end of March.

I'm kind of surprised they're having one of these events so soon, and wonder if they'll have any more testfires before the official release. As a fan of the original Splatoon, I am itching to get some hands on time with the new game, but don't think this is enough to get me to bite on a Switch yet.

Does this shift anyone's barometer on an early Switch purchase?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I already preordered one so for sure I'll at least try out the server test event.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I loved Splatoon as well but I'm not sold on the Switch yet. No matter what, this is a good call for early adopters. Has Nintendo done a 'beta' type thing before...?

Young_Scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead said:

I loved Splatoon as well but I'm not sold on the Switch yet. No matter what, this is a good call for early adopters. Has Nintendo done a 'beta' type thing before...?

Yup, they had a Splatoon Global Test Fire for the first game. pre-launch (and brought it back a couple of times afterwards).

I'm looking forward to checking this one out!

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this because the Switch is out now. I've never played Splatoon so I'm very excited! I should be able to make time for every testfire with a bit of discipline to wake up early.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Seems fun. Will be more fun with/if there is some sort of progression system. I think you unlock clothes right? I never played the first one.

Seems to be down now, though. Anyone playing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@handlas: you unlock clothes (they have abilities and modifiers on them) and weapons. If I remember correctly you get points that you spend on them in their respective shops.

Jaws12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jaws12

Wasn't there a live stream of this on the schedule? Are they still planning to stream one of the Splatoon 2 Test Fire sessions?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jaws12: I think they did do a stream of it yesterday but I missed it so I don't know if they had bad luck with servers or what.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizencoffeecake: @jaws12: The stream archive is available Giant Bomb's YouTube channel:

Loading Video...

I'm still hoping there will be a downloadable archive, since YT sometimes bugs out on my PC when playing longer videos.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I played today. Never played Splatoon before. I was playing in handheld mode and the forced motion controls were absolute garbage.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bollard: You can turn off motion controls and affect sensitivity in the +Options on the weapon-select screen.

I played the first two Testfires and really enjoyed it. I also had difficulty with the motion controls but could see how they would clearly be superior if you got used to them. I never played Splatoon 1 and don't really play multiplayer games, but after a while I really started to enjoy it. I also frequently got top scorer on my team with the Splat Dualies. I had a lot of fun (especially on the second Testfire after I had figured out the controls from the first).

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@dixavd: Ah thanks, I tried doing it in game and + does absolutely nothing!

RoboticTrifle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: In the first test I did the same thing, I was really annoyed because I thought you couldn't turn the motion controls off, kind of annoying you can't do it in the menus but maybe that will be a thing in the full game.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Another one is about to start - so get your Squidlings ready.

RoboticTrifle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd: I get so sad when it's over :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.