Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Franchise »

The SSX style is the arcade style, over-the-top snowboarding franchise. The title stands for "Snowboard SuperX," with the X being pronounced "cross" to be rebellious and hip.

Where's the next SSX?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

I still don't understand why EA BIG isn't making another SSX for the PS3 and 360. SSX, Tricky and SSX 3 all of rating over 90% on GameRankings so obviously the reviewers loved them. I loved those games. Why the hell just end a franchise that was filled with awesomeness?  They really need to make a new one.

gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gormers

You know, that was the one game I really hoped would appear on E3^^

None of the games in the series have been bad, I actually even liked SSX blur (great controls and music imo), but ssx 3 is infinite win.

They should make a game for the 360 and ps3 with the same open-world type of thing that they did in ssx 3 and burnout paradise, now with online support (like shaun white, only better). Come to think of it, I think the DJ atomica guy in Burnout Paradise made a reference to SSX once in that game, saying that one of the characters from SSX was not done yet, or something like that.

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

There really needs to be another one

SSX3 is one of my favorite games of all time

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Mushir

Yea I liked Blur as well. But I definitely think it could have been done better. A new Wii version would also be nice.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

I was literally thinking of posting this today.

I'd love another game I used to love the old ones, and could do with a fix.

gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By gormers
    @Twilight said:
    " Yea I liked Blur as well. But I definitely think it could have been done better.
    No argument there. The major issue imo was that it felt.. empty and lacking in content compared to other games in the series (among other issues). But I actually thought the steering controls was great and for once more accurate than with a stick. Steering by tilting the nunchuck felt great and accurate. A new game on the Wii would be great too, but its harder to make a "spectacular" game on that system because of its limitations.
    CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By CountRockula

I'd love to see a new SSX game.  I loved Tricky, and lost a significant portion of my life to SSX 3.  I get the feeling that by the time On Tour and Blur came around, though, EA might have been seeing diminishing returns from the series, sales-wise.  Also, didn't they dissolve the BIG brand not too long ago?

gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By gazel_ministry

Kind of old news but I was looking for this exact answer a few days ago. Found an interview with Alain Tascan of EA Montreal: 

Q: Looking at some of your other franchises, are we going to see another SSX?

Alain Tascan: Ah, SSX. We have a big catalogue and we were talking about what people like. I think this is something we will look at in the future to see if it makes sense to revive the franchise.

Q: Well, SSX was a very popular franchise and has a lot of fans – at the moment do you think there's sense in bringing it back?

Alain Tascan: It's a little bit early to talk about it, but I feel... I know internally it is a franchise that people love because it was successful and good, and it reminds me of when we were young, and I feel if the market is there and is ready for a new one then we'll consider it.  

It's not a definite yes, but at least there is hope. Link

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Gazel_Ministry: The guy is talking like SSX died out in the 80s. "When we were young."
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

The last game was on Wii - SSX Blur, and it was pretty darn good. I really hope they get to work on a sequel to that game, it's one of the best snowboarding games I've ever played, the basic controls felt great. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.