Eddie in game :D ...as pre-order DLC :(

#1 Posted by Truckalicious (99 posts) -

Mentioned halfway down the page: http://www.ea.com/ssx

Here's the quote:

Pre-Order SSX today to get exclusive in-game content such as Elite character snowboards, bonus boosts, and even legendary SSX character Eddie Wachowski. The one-and-only Eddie makes his triumphant return to the world of SSX armed with the signature afro and off-beat personality that made him a cult favorite in previous SSX games. With a sense of style and flare only he can deliver, Eddie’s the perfect addition to your roster. Pre-order your copy of SSX today!

If this adds just a little more mid-air breakdancing to the game then I'm all the way for it, I enjoyed Eddie in Tricky even though the character was pretty dumb. Not too happy that he's seemingly tied to the Gamestop release right now, but I imagine they'll have ways to get him in the game later.

So are people up or down on Eddie?

#2 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

Who?

#3 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

I dont really care about Eddie, I played a lot more SSX3 than Tricky.

Actually, I can't get myself to care about any of the guys and gals of this series anymore, I used to play Viggo in 3, but that was just 'cause he was supposedly Swedish, he was kinda lame otherwise. Man, he didn't even speak Swedish so what was the point? I think Kaori mostly stopped speaking Japanese in 3 as well, I didn't follow the series from that but they turned her all punk-ish or whatever.

At this point, maybe put Luther in it? playing as a fat bully might be fun.

#4 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

Oh boy.  
Get ready for a TON of DLC for this one.
Board skins/classic riders/classic tracks/classic music etc. Christ. 

#5 Posted by Truckalicious (99 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Oh boy. Get ready for a TON of DLC for this one.Board skins/classic riders/classic tracks/classic music etc. Christ.

I would totally buy Christ as a classic character...and possibly a couple old tracks providing the price ain't too steep

#6 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

Eddie is gross anyways.

#7 Posted by rmanthorp (4055 posts) -
He looks so crazy. I love it.
#8 Posted by Animasta (14723 posts) -

I usually used the blond girl and Kaori, so don't really care

#9 Edited by rmanthorp (4055 posts) -
#10 Posted by umdesch4 (771 posts) -

@manthorp said:

More importantly we will see the return of the one and only DJ MOTHER FUCKING ATOMIKA

There we go, now I'm buying this game. That was the make-or-break for me. Oddly, what you can't tell from me typing, is that there isn't even the slightest trace of sarcasm implied. I'm dead serious. Now I'm fully on board with this game (pardon the pun).

#11 Posted by damswedon (3201 posts) -

@umdesch4 said:

@manthorp said:

More importantly we will see the return of the one and only DJ MOTHER FUCKING ATOMIKA

There we go, now I'm buying this game. That was the make-or-break for me. Oddly, what you can't tell from me typing, is that there isn't even the slightest trace of sarcasm implied. I'm dead serious. Now I'm fully on board with this game (pardon the pun).

Not going to lie when I found out I pre-ordered the game.

#12 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

Man, as long as I can play as Moby, I'm perfectly satisfied.

#13 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Why would you pay for a DLC snowboarder for this game?

#14 Posted by masterpaperlink (1873 posts) -
#15 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Eddie and Elise. Always and forever. Guess I'm pre-ordering it...from gamestop...UGH

#16 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

INSTA BUY HELL YEA!

#17 Posted by mbdoeden (196 posts) -
@rmanthorp

More importantly we will see the return of the one and only DJ MOTHER FUCKING ATOMIKA

Oh man.  Old post is old but FUCK ME I'M BUYING THIS GAME DAY ONE SOMEBODY STOP ME.
#18 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -
#19 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

"bonus boosts"? I hope this doesn't mean EA is pulling their FIFA booster pack shit in this SSX game now.

#20 Posted by rmanthorp (4055 posts) -
#21 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
#22 Posted by TobbRobb (4843 posts) -

As long as I can play with Kaori and Psymon without pre ordering I'm fine with it.

#23 Posted by ajamafalous (12156 posts) -
#24 Posted by rmanthorp (4055 posts) -

@ajamafalous: HAWT!

#25 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

Not the end of the world. As long as Psymon and Moby are in there all is good.

#26 Posted by sawtooth (457 posts) -

I'm good with the standard roster.

Kind of wish Jurgen was back in the mix though.

#27 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

It's hilarious how much of an about-face this game has made since that debut trailer with its bleak gritty bullshit.

#28 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -

I was a Mac man in tricky, played Eddie on occasion though. Its a shame that Eddie is preorder, but that's the sleazy direction the industry has decided to go in.

#29 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

@rmanthorp: Thats not the eddie I remember. And if Bonecracker is not in this game I want nothing to do with it!!!

#30 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

I just want, to like, chill out with Moby and listen to DJ Attomica and Snow Patrol.

It's all I ask for from these games.

#31 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

Damn. I was hoping it would be this Eddie. 

#32 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy: You want Jack Black in SSX?

#33 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -
@Hailinel: As Eddie Riggs yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.