Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SSX

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

The sixth entry in the Snowboard Super X series that allows players to ride down real world mountains in dangerous weather conditions.

Which version controls better?

MoeQawama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MoeQawama

I'm talking about strictly gameplay here. Does anyone know which version will control better? Reason I'm asking is because I know the old games were dependent on the D-pad, which was better on the dualshock, and I heard the new control scheme uses the sticks. Will it matter?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

You should download the demo and see which version you personally think feels better.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Rave

I played both demos and enjoyed the 360 controls more I use the new controls not the classic. I think I just perfer the triggers to the shoulder buttons. I tend to have much better runs on the 360

Although that extra mountain on the ps3 version would have been sweet.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Rave said: Mt. Fuji is only exclusive to the PS3 in the US.

I pre ordered the UK Limited Edition and it comes with both Eddie and Mt. Fuji.

So it wil probably be released later for everybody to download.

EchoOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By EchoOtter

I tried both demos and for some strange reason I was terrible on the PS3. I changed my pre-order because of how different it felt. I started on 360 one night and did ok. Tried PS3 the next night and couldn't land a trick to save my life. I quickly jumped back on to 360 to see if my 360 runs were a fluke and found that that version just felt a lot better to me. I'm not totally sure what the problem was, but I definitely prefer it on 360.

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tonyyj
    @StaleCrouton I've actually read that to be the case for many players. I've seen mention on other forums that the 360 version plays the same but somehow feels a lot 'easier' than the PS3 version.
    Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Djratchet

I am used to these games on PS2, got it for PS3 and turned on Classic. Felt right at home.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I've adjusted to standard using the face buttons and It's fine. If I was on a dualshock I'd probably go classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.