So, based on the quick look...

#1 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -

So I'm sitting here watching the quick look thinking, this game is amazing. It's got a fresh new concept for the puzzle mechanics, the ability to get all solutions for the challenges on a single playthrough and best of all (imo), a nice ye olde art style. Anyone else convinced yet? What do you like about it, or what's putting you off?
#2 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

The game looks fucking amazing. Amazing!
I worry about the length though. I'll still buy it, even if it's only 3 hours long.

#3 Posted by Venatio (4482 posts) -

I'd buy it cheap on Steam, maybe next year during the holiday sale? Doubt that'll happen though, still waiting on the PC version of Costume Quest

#4 Edited by ProfessorEss (7280 posts) -
@BBQBram said:

Anyone else convinced yet?

As an unabashed fanboy, I'm convinced the second I see "Double Fine Presents" :)
#5 Posted by Darko (114 posts) -
@Venatio:  There probably won't be a PC version. Double Fine says that EA won't give them the money to produce one for that platform. A shame.
#6 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -
@TwoLines:
Yeah, the only thing that worries me is the length. Costume Quest felt kinda short to me. It could have used an extra area (not as DLC though). Although that percentage complete timer was ticking up quite slowly so that's promising.
#7 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

Damnit Tim Schafer just take my damn money. TAKE IT.

#8 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

As a hitmanman, I am excite.

#9 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

I was sold when I heard the soft, soothing voice of Tim Schafer.  

#10 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

...I dunno the lack

#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

...I dunno the lack of voice really puts off and the music was well ok but sunny, more sound would have been good

#12 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I was concerned at first, but after getting through that Quick Look I can't wait. 
All those abilities look like they're fun to mess around with, and I appreciate that there are multiple ways to get something accomplished.
Leave it up to Double Fine to make some unique games with good personality.

#13 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

I wanna have sex with Tim Schafer; that is all. 

#14 Posted by ViciousReiven (818 posts) -

Hell yeah I'm convinced!  
But it should of had a better name than 'Stacking' seriously sounds like a bad browser based puzzle game. 
Could of called it 'Matryoshka', that'd been awesome.

#15 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" @BBQBram said:

As an unabashed fanboy, I'm convinced the second I see "Double Fine Presents" :) "
Pretty much this.
But even aside from that, the game looks really cool an I love the art style.
Day one buy.
#16 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

It looks amazing. I hope it sells because I already want a sequel.

#17 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

There's something oddly intriguing about it. I'm not sure if It will hold my attention but it looks like it's worth checking out.

#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@G0rd0nFr33m4n said:
" I wanna have sex with Tim Schafer; that is all.  "
Don't we all want that.   :P
#19 Posted by Marmaladebrat (298 posts) -

Yep, I definitely liked it. I think I have found one of the first downloadable games I will be purchasing in 2011.
#20 Posted by Eristocrat (439 posts) -

Game looks awesome, can't wait.

#21 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

I'll quite happily hand over any money I think might fund a Psychonauts sequel, the fact that stacking looks amazing is merely a bonus.

#22 Posted by raiz265 (2233 posts) -

Looks great, but I need a PC version.

#23 Posted by clapperdude (192 posts) -

If it came to PC ever I'd buy it for sure.

#24 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -
Stacking will be a Day One purchase for me..with great graphics, that classic look, interesting methods to solve the puzzles, and having the braintrust at Double Fine Games (and Tim Schafer, of course) behind this game, this will be one of those games that you can not turn a blind eye to.
#25 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -
#26 Posted by Echofoxz (98 posts) -
@BBQBram said:
" So I'm sitting here watching the quick look thinking, this game is amazing. It's got a fresh new concept for the puzzle mechanics, the ability to get all solutions for the challenges on a single playthrough and best of all (imo), a nice ye olde art style. Anyone else convinced yet? What do you like about it, or what's putting you off? "
That's Double Fine for ya

I'm hoping this time, the game will actually sell worth a damn, it's a shame Double Fine's game doesn't sell
#27 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Schafer is a fucking genius.

'Nuff said.

#28 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (602 posts) -

Tim Schafer's a weird dude.

#29 Posted by mrfizzy (1519 posts) -

looks really good/interesting, will depend of the price and length tho as to whether or not i get it. 

#30 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1255 posts) -

Meh. I'm on the fence for this one. I'll have to play the demo first.
#31 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

I think that the Russian-Nesting Doll market is just way too oversaturated at the moment. I was gonna wait until something truly unique came around.

#32 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Sold. Reminded me a hell of a lot of Hitman: Blood Money, weirdly, and that's a huge compliment by the way, it really reminded me of all the amazing things I love about the Hitman series (Blood Money, in particular), the whole idea of being in a populated environment and needing to make use of your surroundings to get into some locked room or find some heavily-guarded item or something like that, thinking your way around problems, using the environment and people around you to your advantage, so many wildly different ways to go about solving each puzzle, having different outfits grant you access to different areas, the game looked really really interesting.

I really adore that style of game design, seen mostly in the stealth genre, where the game basically says "Ok, you're here, the objective is there, do whatever you need to do to get to it. Let's see what you can do!" and then just lets you loose in the world to figure it all out for yourself. I find that it allows for so much more immersion than having to go through a linear level along a set path having your damn hand held the whole way. So, any game that features anything resembling that style of gameplay is already very interesting to me, and the way that Double Fine have somehow managed to streamline the whole formula by allowing you to re-solve the level without having to start it over is a brilliant innovation, I'm excited to see more of it and hope it catches on and we see it in more games in the future. Anyway, I'm bloody tired and can barely string a sentence together, plus it's Christmas morning here so I'm not going to get into a rant, suffice to say, I loved what I saw of Stacking and hope the rest of the game is as good as I'm imagining it to be.

#33 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

If tim schafers making it... im buying it.

#34 Posted by DonutFever (3550 posts) -
@Darko said:
" @Venatio:  There probably won't be a PC version. Double Fine says that EA won't give them the money to produce one for that platform. A shame. "
THQ is the publisher for Stacking.
#35 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:
" I'll quite happily hand over any money I think might fund a Psychonauts sequel, the fact that stacking looks amazing is merely a bonus. "
Stacking must become the best-selling game of 2011.
#36 Posted by jmood88 (392 posts) -

I went from having no interest in this game to definitely buying it as soon as it's up on the marketplace after watching  the quicklook.

#37 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I quit watching the Quick Look early because I was already sold and didn't want them spoiling any more of it for me.  I'll buy it on the 360, but I'll probably grab the PS3 demo tonight because I can.
#38 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -

This game is great. Glad I'm not one of those "Where's my PC version?!" people lol.  
If I were, I wouldn't be enjoying this fine game right now.

#39 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" @BBQBram said:

As an unabashed fanboy, I'm convinced the second I see "Double Fine Presents" :) "
I think I'm the only person on the planet who played enough Brutal Legend to unlock that 'win 50 matches' achievement. Man, as long as you went into it expecting an RTS, that game was awsome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.