Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Star Trek Online or Champions Online

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ch13696

Ok so I understand they have nothing to do with each besides the developer. But I need to know which one I should play. Just some opinions. Thanks.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ch13696
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I say screw both of those games and wait for the Shin-Can MMO. "
    Wha Wha What??? I'll seriously play that. Is my weapon of choice my ass cheeks?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    @ch13696: I hope so.   :)
    Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Liber

Back then when I played champions is was horrible , it was a dull , boring , unbalanced instanced game.
    The bad part about STO is that it operates too much like Champions (same instance based mechanics , similar combat mechanics (the ground  fights atleast ) it just looks meh.

ElderSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ElderSon

I'm not in the STO beta but I have played CO and can say that it is complete garbage.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#8  Edited By citizenkane
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

17% download for STO! Woo.  Both games seem to have a deep character customizations, but from my experience with Champions Online, I thought it felt like it was unfinished in terms of difficulty and I didn't feel motivated to level and stuff, just me making a ton of alts and whatnot, so I moved on to not playing MMOs ever again, well until this STO thing finishes.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696

I played bought and played Champions Online. I do have to say it is my cup of tea. So let me rephrase my question. When Star Trek Online comes out should I cancel my subscription to Champions and go to Star Trek or just stick with Champions. Cause at this point that is all I'm going to play till Star Wars The Old Republic comes out. 

(my girl says I'm only allowed one subscription =p)

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By LiquidS

After playing in the STO Beta for a few hours and never playing Champions I'd say neither. 

There are much better games out there such as Eve for the the space or PvP junkies and WoW for the Fantasy or PvE grinders. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ch13696

Yeah I started back up my Champions Online account. Played for about an hour and WOW. I never remembered it being this laggy. I played in STO beta also and it was the same thing. I thought it was due to it being a beta but I guess not. It really is their servers. Crazy. So I sent them a ticket for a refund. I just reactivated the account and only played an hour so it shouldn't be a problem to get a refund. So....uuummm....yeah. Disregard my question.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @ch13696 said:
    " Yeah I started back up my Champions Online account. Played for about an hour and WOW. I never remembered it being this laggy. I played in STO beta also and it was the same thing. I thought it was due to it being a beta but I guess not. It really is their servers. Crazy. So I sent them a ticket for a refund. I just reactivated the account and only played an hour so it shouldn't be a problem to get a refund. So....uuummm....yeah. Disregard my question. "
    It's probably laggy due to all the activity surrounding STO.  Give it some time & it'll work alright. Hell, I tried getting on CO today & it couldn't find the server & I couldn't get to the CO website either.  Something wrong with the interwebs.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ch13696

I definitely got everything straightened out. Turned out to be the graphic settings on both games. Had them up too high. Now, here's two things wrong with this. I used to run Champions Online on full settings with no problems before (maybe an update killed it) and that means I need to get a new graphic card (which there shouldn't be anything wrong with my nVidia 9800 GT). 

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @ch13696 said:
    " I definitely got everything straightened out. Turned out to be the graphic settings on both games. Had them up too high. Now, here's two things wrong with this. I used to run Champions Online on full settings with no problems before (maybe an update killed it) and that means I need to get a new graphic card (which there shouldn't be anything wrong with my nVidia 9800 GT).  "
    Odd. I don't have a great video card so I don't run it at high quality. It's good enough for me though. It'd be nice if I could reach the servers this weekend. :-/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.