Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Diamond league = 99.9% Terran?

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By doe3879

I gotten into the Diamond league 2 weeks ago and stopped playing ladder games for a period.
    Started playing again during the weekend and so far...I only played against ONE Protoss, every other games are against Terran out of like 25 games.
    I play Protoss and Terran is my weakest matchup by far (DAMN YOU m&m STIM PACK!!!!!)

oh, and not a single Zerg so far

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nephrahim
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By warxsnake

spawn more voidrays

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Semition

This thread that was posted today.

I think a bit less than half are terran in diamond. Someone did a breakdown of the list on page 3.

edit: I'm guessing the terrans are more active since the IEM finals just happened and morrow showed off his ridiculously powerful reaper opening.

Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By Clbull

The low position of the Zerg DOES NOT surprise me. I have played that race in multiplayer games before, and to me, they don't quite have the macro capabilities that the Protoss and Terran have. They much rather riskily expand and mass more units quickly. The only way you're gonna greatly increase a Zerg player's macro capabilities is multiple Hatcheries with multiple queens.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Feanor

Protoss has a lot of good counters to terran, so with so many people playing terran its no surprise to see a lot of toss in diamond 1v1. Zerg are kind of ok, you just need to be really good with macro and micro to make them work.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Clbull said:
    " The low position of the Zerg DOES NOT surprise me. I have played that race in multiplayer games before, and to me, they don't quite have the macro capabilities that the Protoss and Terran have.  
    What?
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Feanor
    @Clbull: Their macro isn't as fucked as you might think. What they lose in production they make up for in reversibility. The Zerg are a very reactionary race to play, you should be trying to counter the other players forces all the time, and Zerg can do this faster than any other race. Zerg are just harder to play, and 90% of SC2 players are noobs. So it does make sense why Zerg is low on the list.
    Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Semition
    @Clbull said:
    " The low position of the Zerg DOES NOT surprise me. I have played that race in multiplayer games before, and to me, they don't quite have the macro capabilities that the Protoss and Terran have. They much rather riskily expand and mass more units quickly. The only way you're gonna greatly increase a Zerg player's macro capabilities is multiple Hatcheries with multiple queens. "
    Zerg's macro isn't lacking. The main frustration I've heard from diamond Zergs is that Terran has so many options for early game, between marauders, hellions, reapers, banshees, etc. If Zerg can get out of the early game not too damaged, they do really well with mutas, and later ultras/broodlords.
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Feanor
    @Semition: Zerg should be able to get something like roaches out faster. Lings are kind of weak for a starting unit, especially when terran can wall off, and toss get strong ass zealots out early. Most zerg I play go for mutas asap, then they try to tech up.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nephrahim
    @Semition said:
    " This thread that was posted today.  I think a bit less than half are terran in diamond. Someone did a breakdown of the list on page 3.  edit: I'm guessing the terrans are more active since the IEM finals just happened and morrow showed off his ridiculously powerful reaper opening. "
    Top 200 =/= Diamond league. 

I know Terran is very popular, and you're right, the IEM is probity inspiring some copy builds, but still, there are a LOT of toss there, and also a fair bit of Zerg (But sadly, not nearly enough.)
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By ReyGitano

I wonder if Blizzard is going to have to step in and make the zerg more powerful somehow, or if some professional Korean player will figure out an effective strategy first.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Semition
    @SlashseveN303 said:

" I wonder if Blizzard is going to have to step in and make the zerg more powerful somehow, or if some professional Korean player will figure out an effective strategy first. "

Or they could step in and make the Zerg more fun... 

Terrans and Protoss both have quite a few options but when I play ZvT, I feel that practically every game I have to defend with some roaches/lings, tech to muta/ling/bling army to not get rolled.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By animateria
    The Destiny Cloud Fist build (or more commonly known as the 1-1-1 build) is probably to blame for Terran gaining the upper hand between the races, it makes the Terran very versatile in the opening game.

It makes them get a diverse set of units early on as well as making transitions into other specific builds extremely easy.  
    ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By ethan_raiden

Just wanted to point out that at the moment (www.sc2ranks.com) The top player with the most points across all regions at the moment plays as random, I'm sure that he's won his fair share of matches as Protoss and Zerg, or at least I hope that's the case, and he hasn't ended up playing as Terran every game!

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nephrahim
    @Ethan_Raiden said:
    " Just wanted to point out that at the moment (www.sc2ranks.com) The top player with the most points across all regions at the moment plays as random, I'm sure that he's won his fair share of matches as Protoss and Zerg, or at least I hope that's the case, and he hasn't ended up playing as Terran every game! "
    That's David Kim, the guy from Blizzard in charge of Balance.  He doesn't count.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By scarace360

Now i dont want to go to diamond league.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TotalEklypse

i feel like toss and zerg are gimpy in multiplay. just something doesnt feel right about it. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By keyhunter

In SC 1 everyone played Zerg until that Slayers Boxer or whatever started Terran up the pro leagues in Korea.  
    I'm sure some big pro league revelation will happen with zerg or toss and people will flock to it.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ethan_raiden
    @SamDrugbringer said:
    " @Ethan_Raiden said:
    " Just wanted to point out that at the moment (www.sc2ranks.com) The top player with the most points across all regions at the moment plays as random, I'm sure that he's won his fair share of matches as Protoss and Zerg, or at least I hope that's the case, and he hasn't ended up playing as Terran every game! "
    That's David Kim, the guy from Blizzard in charge of Balance.  He doesn't count. "
    Why? You think he's using magical cheat codes that nobody else have? If anything, he is proof that all 3 races, in the right hands, are all as deadly as the next.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nephrahim

The dude has literally been playing this game since it was in development.  He INVENTED the strategies for the races.  That's a level of dedication that...  is unreal, compared to a casual player. 

Besides, that's only by points.  His W/L ratio is not as good as a lot of other top players.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By AndrewB

All I know is that the terrans always seem to come out the easy winners in an all AI match. That says nothing about human ability, however.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By thatfrood
    @keyhunter said:
    " In SC 1 everyone played Zerg until that Slayers Boxer or whatever started Terran up the pro leagues in Korea.   I'm sure some big pro league revelation will happen with zerg or toss and people will flock to it. "
    I should kill you for that pun.
    Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Semition
    @SamDrugbringer said:

" @Ethan_Raiden said:

That's David Kim, the guy from Blizzard in charge of Balance.  He doesn't count. "
     I'm pretty sure dayvie isn't David Kim. There are 2 other dayvies on the NA server and David Kim isn't that good. After a week or so in the beta, people like Nony and TLO could comfortably defeat David Kim. I doubt he's nearly good enough today to be able to compete with these people.
    ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ethan_raiden

Okay everybody seems to have missed the point I was making, the number one rated person in SC plays random. Not "OP" Terran, and as far as I can see there seems to be a good mix of races in the Diamond leauge, so I don't know where the thread opener is getting his metrics from.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.