Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

From Bronze to Gold: A StarCraft 2 Quest: 6/30/11

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By GJSmitty

I made a banner, so you know it's legit. 
     Hello, Giant Bombers.  I have a problem.  What is this problem?  Well, I suck at a game you might have hear of.  The game is called StarCraft 2.  Before I jump into this, I'm going to give you some back story. 
    I never played StarCraft 1.  I was aware of it, but I never got it.  Around September of last year, I decided to pick up it's sequel, StarCraft 2.  I played through the entire campaign, completely ignoring the multiplayer.  When I finally finished the awesome campaign, a couple of months after I started, I decided to try and jump into 1v1.  I played my placement matches, only winning one of them.  I was placed in the bottom of the bronze league.  And the bronze league is where I have been ever since.  I've played Starcraft 2 off and on since then, getting higher and higher in Bronze.  In fact, at one point, I was ranked 10 in bronze and improving.  But then tragedy struck.  I stopped playing Starcraft.  Here I am, several months later, rank 40 in Bronze and sucking again.  Well, I am on a quest to get out of bronze league.  Not only that, but eventually reach Gold league.  Silver is just the temporary goal.     
    So, that's that.  Now forwards to the stuff that happened today.  It won't be that exciting right now, since I just started.   
    Anyways, today I played two games.  I know what you're thinking, "Two games!  That's crazy, how can you play that much!?"I know, I know, calm down.  Two whole games.  At this rate I'll be Grandmasters in no time.  I won the first one and lost the second one.  

Game One

So , this game was versus Zerg, and I felt like I did very good.  He was favored.   I play Terran, by the way.  Anyways, I started off with a standard build, marine marauder, and attacked his base quickly.  By that time I had 4 barrack's and one factory.  I started attacking his base, and was successful until a huge army of roaches came from behind me.  Seeing this, I start to pump out marauders and siege tanks like crazy, and I held off his attack.  Seeing that I had mostly units that couldn't shoot air, he started making mass Mutalisks.  With a lucky scan in his base, I spotted them, and then started making  as many Thors, Vikings, and Marines as I could.  He started harassing me with the mutas, but I had enough to make him retreat.  I built a couple of missile turrets, but he still kept harassing me.   
    Then he disappeared for awhile, and I decided to send my army of thors, marines, marauders, siege tanks, and vikings out.  I start attacking his base, and he has quite a few roaches, but I managed to take them out.  But just as I started to attack his base, he starts attacking mine.  It was a race to see who would destroy who's base first.  But, I had enough minerals, so I built more expansions, for the sole reason to survive longer.  His army attacking my base was only mutalisks, so my missile turrets destroyed them all, a long with a couple of left behind marines.  I destroyed his base, and he GG'd out.  Game one was a win.

Game Two

This one was against another Terran.  It was a standard build for both of us.  I tried to banshee harass, and killed some of his workers.  But then he sent out his huge army.  We both had marine marauder, but his army was bigger.  I killed quite a few of them with banshees, but it wasn't enough.  He overwhelmed my army, and defeated me.  This one is short because the game was short. 

So...What now?

Well, I guess I'm done with my first entry in the series.  Sorry if it sucked, next time I will have pictures, more games, and maybe video.  I am rank 37 right now I believe.   
    This isn't a daily thing, or even weekly.  It's just every once in awhile, when something important happens. 
    And to all of the other bronze player out there I believe in you. 
    Peace, 
    Grant742
    GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GJSmitty

Hello, Giant Bombers.  I have a problem.  What is this problem?  Well, I suck at a game you might have hear of.  The game is called StarCraft 2.  Before I jump into this, I'm going to give you some back story. 
    I never played StarCraft 1.  I was aware of it, but I never got it.  Around September of last year, I decided to pick up it's sequel, StarCraft 2.  I played through the entire campaign, completely ignoring the multiplayer.  When I finally finished the awesome campaign, a couple of months after I started, I decided to try and jump into 1v1.  I played my placement matches, only winning one of them.  I was placed in the bottom of the bronze league.  And the bronze league is where I have been ever since.  I've played Starcraft 2 off and on since then, getting higher and higher in Bronze.  In fact, at one point, I was ranked 10 in bronze and improving.  But then tragedy struck.  I stopped playing Starcraft.  Here I am, several months later, rank 40 in Bronze and sucking again.  Well, I am on a quest to get out of bronze league.  Not only that, but eventually reach Gold league.  Silver is just the temporary goal.     
    So, that's that.  Now forwards to the stuff that happened today.  It won't be that exciting right now, since I just started.   
    Anyways, today I played two games.  I know what you're thinking, "Two games!  That's crazy, how can you play that much!?"I know, I know, calm down.  Two whole games.  At this rate I'll be Grandmasters in no time.  I won the first one and lost the second one.  

Game One

So , this game was versus Zerg, and I felt like I did very good.  He was favored.   I play Terran, by the way.  Anyways, I started off with a standard build, marine marauder, and attacked his base quickly.  By that time I had 4 barrack's and one factory.  I started attacking his base, and was successful until a huge army of roaches came from behind me.  Seeing this, I start to pump out marauders and siege tanks like crazy, and I held off his attack.  Seeing that I had mostly units that couldn't shoot air, he started making mass Mutalisks.  With a lucky scan in his base, I spotted them, and then started making  as many Thors, Vikings, and Marines as I could.  He started harassing me with the mutas, but I had enough to make him retreat.  I built a couple of missile turrets, but he still kept harassing me.   
    Then he disappeared for awhile, and I decided to send my army of thors, marines, marauders, siege tanks, and vikings out.  I start attacking his base, and he has quite a few roaches, but I managed to take them out.  But just as I started to attack his base, he starts attacking mine.  It was a race to see who would destroy who's base first.  But, I had enough minerals, so I built more expansions, for the sole reason to survive longer.  His army attacking my base was only mutalisks, so my missile turrets destroyed them all, a long with a couple of left behind marines.  I destroyed his base, and he GG'd out.  Game one was a win.

Game Two

This one was against another Terran.  It was a standard build for both of us.  I tried to banshee harass, and killed some of his workers.  But then he sent out his huge army.  We both had marine marauder, but his army was bigger.  I killed quite a few of them with banshees, but it wasn't enough.  He overwhelmed my army, and defeated me.  This one is short because the game was short. 

So...What now?

Well, I guess I'm done with my first entry in the series.  Sorry if it sucked, next time I will have pictures, more games, and maybe video.  I am rank 37 right now I believe.   
    This isn't a daily thing, or even weekly.  It's just every once in awhile, when something important happens. 
    And to all of the other bronze player out there I believe in you. 
    Peace, 
    Grant742
    baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By baldgye

You should upload the replays (use megaupload or something) that way we can get a much better idea of who and why you win/loose... but a nice write up all the same... but honestly the best way to get into Gold is to just learn a strong 1 base build... once you get down the timings of one build its much easier to learn/try others and win games.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl
    @grant742: You ever heard of Day9?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.