Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GSL July (Code A and S) and GSTL Season 1!!

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DerBrick

It's been way to long since we had some serious SC2 talk about.. how about HuK?!?

Group nomination was Monday. Returning champs, IMMVP *welcome back to Code S*, oGsMC, TSL_FruitDealer, PoltPrime.WE and IMNesTea.

Group A

• IMNesTea, TSL_Rain, ST_July, and TSL_Trickster

Group B

• anyproPrime.WE, TSL_Clide, MVPviOlet, oGsEnsnare

Group C

• oGsTOP, TSL_FruitDealer, ST_Virus, MVPGenius

Group D

• IMLosirA, MarineKingPrime.WE, ZeNEXCoCa, SlayerS_Alicia

Group E

• sCfOu, IMMVP, oGsZenio, ZeNEXByun

Group F

• oGsNaDa, MVP_Keen, HongUnPrime.WE, oGsSuperNoVa

Group G

• TSL_Killer, PoltPrime.WE, LiquidHuK, TSL_aLive

Group H

• oGsInCa, ZeNEXKyrix, oGsMC, ST_Bomber

There are some changes to this season during group play. They have moved to a dual tournament format. If you follow or have followed the OSL or MSL this is how they handle group play.

Each group is divided into two groups, after the first match, winners play winner and loser plays loser.

• 1-0 vs 1-0 - Winner goes to Ro16
    • 0-1 vs 0-1 - Loser goes to Up and Down Match
    • 1-1 vs 1-1 - Winner advances to Ro16 and loser stays in Code S

Up and Down matches have changed this season also. Winner of Code A is placed in Code S automatically. The eight guys who got last in their Code S group will play the top 7 players from Code A, 15 players will be split into three groups of 5. First and Second in each group will advance to Code S and everyone else gets another season in Code A.

Note - TSL_Rain has dropped from this season of the GSL, so no one from Group A will go to Up And Down matches.

GSTL is no longer just 4 days of action, GOM decided to make this like the team league in Brood War. 12 teams, two groups, everyone plays everyone, and the top three teams from each group will advance to the playoffs.

Remember to keep your Liquibets up and if you have a team for the Fantasy GSTL keep up to date on that! If you don't have a team, you still have time to get that team together before the first match in the morning!

Here is to another great season of Code S... we all know the finals will be a walkover for someone!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Man... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to keep up with all this anymore.

Then again, I said that back in March and I can't quit, lol.

Also, Huk Talk.

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DerBrick

@csl316 said:

Man... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to keep up with all this anymore.

Then again, I said that back in March and I can't quit, lol.

Also, Huk Talk.

Yeah it is a lot this season, don't worry i'll do my best to update after each day, or every two days for team league

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By csl316

@DerBrick: Only problem is I'm anal about spoilers. I'll actually avoid the forum until I see the games. Even all the talking parts between games.

It's a cruel addiction, man.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By frankxiv
    @csl316 said:

@DerBrick: Only problem is I'm anal about spoilers. I'll actually avoid the forum until I see the games. Even all the talking parts between games.

i'm kinda the opposite, even if i can watch the vods, most of the time if i don't care about the players playing i'll just read results unless something was pointed out as like an incredible game.

that is if i don't watch it live i mean.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By csl316

@onimonkii said:

@csl316 said:

i'm kinda the opposite, even if i can watch the vods, most of the time if i don't care about the players playing i'll just read results unless something was pointed out as like an incredible game. that is if i don't watch it live i mean.

It's just an insane habit I picked up when I quit my job a while back. I've been working for a while, though, and I should probably ween myself off of watching every single game available. Hell, I did it with NASL already. It can be done!

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By meteora

Group D and Group H are the group of death. I mean how the hell was Group D even conceived.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hoping Huk can do some damage this season.

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DerBrick

Since some people are afraid of spoilers, I will still post the results here, with the spoiler cover on them and I'll use my blog for full updates.

Makula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Makula

I shouldn't be the only one, but did you notice the ticket price for the Team League Season 1? $40 for the VODs without ads (I don't like ads).

That's a little too much for me. I'm thinking hard on whether I should buy the Season Ticket for both GSL July and Team League or just GSL July.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By meteora
    @Makula said:

I shouldn't be the only one, but did you notice the ticket price for the Team League Season 1? $40 for the VODs without ads (I don't like ads).

That's a little too much for me. I'm thinking hard on whether I should buy the Season Ticket for both GSL July and Team League or just GSL July.

Should just go for the one with ads, I never found ads to be all that bothersome to begin with. 

Apparently GSTL lasts all the way up until September. That's 3 months of StarCraft in a Bo7. I decided to pay for it despite its hefty price tag because I honestly can't stay up late at night watching their free streams.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By csl316

@Meteora said:

@Makula said:

Should just go for the one with ads, I never found ads to be all that bothersome to begin with. Apparently GSTL lasts all the way up until September. That's 3 months of StarCraft in a Bo7. I decided to pay for it despite its hefty price tag because I honestly can't stay up late at night watching their free streams.

GSTL goes til October 7th. So you do get quite a bit for it.

Makula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Makula
    @csl316 said:

@Meteora said:

@Makula said:

Should just go for the one with ads, I never found ads to be all that bothersome to begin with. Apparently GSTL lasts all the way up until September. That's 3 months of StarCraft in a Bo7. I decided to pay for it despite its hefty price tag because I honestly can't stay up late at night watching their free streams.

I got July ticket (no ads), and I was about to skip the team league, but I saw the first match and SlayersAlicia convince me to get at least the team league ticket with ads.  
    A little expensive at the end, but I just realized they made the site mobile browser friendly so that'll help me keep up with the action.
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Rayeth

The Team League stuff is so good, I might not get the regular GSL at all. I'll prolly watch the finals and maybe the semis live, but I just don't have the free time I used to when I started watching all this SC2.

That said, I can and will always make time for the team leagues. FXOpen HWAITING!

Remeber, President djWheat has called us all to watch. Hope for the foreigners! FIGHT AGAINST THE ALL-KILL MENACE!

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frankxiv
    @Meteora said:
    @Makula said:

Should just go for the one with ads, I never found ads to be all that bothersome to begin with.  Apparently GSTL lasts all the way up until September. That's 3 months of StarCraft in a Bo7. I decided to pay for it despite its hefty price tag because I honestly can't stay up late at night watching their free streams.
    it's shitty to do but if you run adblock you can make your own no-ads vod for the same price as the one with ads.

and yeah, it comes out to about $8.40 a month with ads, where the old like 4 day team leagues were $5, so it's a much better value
    Makula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Makula

I saw a few games on my phone today, woot no ads in phone streaming.  

Really great start for the team league. Some intense games so far, I think I will get my money worth if the games keep on being this good.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shinigami420

@Bucketdeth said:

Nah hes pretty fucking terrible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinigami420 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Dreamhack? Or did that not count? 

Huk is one of the only foreigner's competing in Code S, he may have come up short multiple times in the past but he is really showing he is getting better and has what it takes to keep winning competitions.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By frankxiv
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @shinigami420 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Dreamhack? Or did that not count?    Huk is one of the only foreigner's competing in Code S, he may have come up short multiple times in the past but he is really showing he is getting better and has what it takes to keep winning competitions.
    he's only won two, and one was like a year ago. i don't think he's showed that at all yet. he's improved, unlike jinro who seems to forget how to play well more and more with each game, but i still don't think he's up to that level yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onimonkii said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @shinigami420 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Dreamhack? Or did that not count?    Huk is one of the only foreigner's competing in Code S, he may have come up short multiple times in the past but he is really showing he is getting better and has what it takes to keep winning competitions.
    he's only won two, and one was like a year ago. i don't think he's showed that at all yet. he's improved, unlike jinro who seems to forget how to play well more and more with each game, but i still don't think he's up to that level yet.
    Well he is still young and continuing to improve, every game I watch with Huk lately is a huge improvement from a few months back. It seems like ever since he 2-0ed MMA he has been getting better and better. Jinro on the other hand really needs a break.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By frankxiv
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @onimonkii said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @shinigami420 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Well he is still young and continuing to improve, every game I watch with Huk lately is a huge improvement from a few months back. It seems like ever since he 2-0ed MMA he has been getting better and better. Jinro on the other hand really needs a break.
    that's true but at the same time it could still be that he hasn't improved, he's just managed to get over his nerve/comfort issues. guess we'll see how he does this season if he can ride that dreamhack win up to the higher rounds or if he'll fall to up and down and then cheese his way back to code s again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onimonkii said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @onimonkii said:
    @Bucketdeth said:
    @shinigami420 said:

@Bucketdeth said:

that's true but at the same time it could still be that he hasn't improved, he's just managed to get over his nerve/comfort issues. guess we'll see how he does this season if he can ride that dreamhack win up to the higher rounds or if he'll fall to up and down and then cheese his way back to code s again.
    Well I believe he has and has shown some pretty great defensive skills, but yes we will truly see once GSL July starts.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By csl316

@Makula said:

@csl316 said:

@Meteora said:

@Makula said:

I got July ticket (no ads), and I was about to skip the team league, but I saw the first match and SlayersAlicia convince me to get at least the team league ticket with ads. A little expensive at the end, but I just realized they made the site mobile browser friendly so that'll help me keep up with the action.

Yeah, the mobile site is a god send. I was gonna take a GSL break, but screw it. I can get a game or two in on my lunch break now, woo.

DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DerBrick

Here are the results from the first week of GSTL. Player list and map pool on my blog.

Just a reminder that Code A starts 12:10 AM EST and then again at 5:10 AM EST

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.