It's been way to long since we had some serious SC2 talk about.. how about HuK?!?
Group nomination was Monday. Returning champs, IMMVP *welcome back to Code S*, oGsMC, TSL_FruitDealer, PoltPrime.WE and IMNesTea.
- IMNesTea, TSL_Rain, ST_July, and TSL_Trickster
- anyproPrime.WE, TSL_Clide, MVPviOlet, oGsEnsnare
- oGsTOP, TSL_FruitDealer, ST_Virus, MVPGenius
- IMLosirA, MarineKingPrime.WE, ZeNEXCoCa, SlayerS_Alicia
- sCfOu, IMMVP, oGsZenio, ZeNEXByun
- oGsNaDa, MVP_Keen, HongUnPrime.WE, oGsSuperNoVa
- TSL_Killer, PoltPrime.WE, LiquidHuK, TSL_aLive
- oGsInCa, ZeNEXKyrix, oGsMC, ST_Bomber
There are some changes to this season during group play. They have moved to a dual tournament format. If you follow or have followed the OSL or MSL this is how they handle group play.
Each group is divided into two groups, after the first match, winners play winner and loser plays loser.
- 1-0 vs 1-0 - Winner goes to Ro16
- 0-1 vs 0-1 - Loser goes to Up and Down Match
- 1-1 vs 1-1 - Winner advances to Ro16 and loser stays in Code S
Up and Down matches have changed this season also. Winner of Code A is placed in Code S automatically. The eight guys who got last in their Code S group will play the top 7 players from Code A, 15 players will be split into three groups of 5. First and Second in each group will advance to Code S and everyone else gets another season in Code A.
Note - TSL_Rain has dropped from this season of the GSL, so no one from Group A will go to Up And Down matches.
GSTL is no longer just 4 days of action, GOM decided to make this like the team league in Brood War. 12 teams, two groups, everyone plays everyone, and the top three teams from each group will advance to the playoffs.
Remember to keep your Liquibets up and if you have a team for the Fantasy GSTL keep up to date on that! If you don't have a team, you still have time to get that team together before the first match in the morning!
Here is to another great season of Code S... we all know the finals will be a walkover for someone!