Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

I feel bad 4gating

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

But sometimes it seems like the only way I can win anything!   In PvZ, i am absolutely horrible late game.  PvT is probably my best match up.  PvP, its either 4gate or get 4gated.

And when I choose to 4gate, I feel bad, but then when I get 4gated, I get pissed.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

I think I've actually 4 gated like 5 times, and only when I saw my opponent getting really greedy incredibly early.

But yeah, PvP is a pain in the ass. I hate it cause I never 4 gate but I los to it almost all the time. I'm now experimenting with the 3 stalker build but had no chance to use it yet.

Especially after the last tournament I found out how boring PvP can get...

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @imsh_pl:  I prefer macro games.  I'd rather sit on 4 bases making a deathball rather than 4 gate all the time.  But most games end really fast because of stupid 4gates.
    Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

I don't know what the actual numbers are, but it seems like 2/3rds of the games i play are against Protoss.  People I know that were playing Zerg or Terran have switched to Protoss.  All the while, nobody that I have talked to likes PvP at all.  If PvP sucks so much you'd think more people would stop playing Protoss.  

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thule

Just enjoy it while you can. Over time people will learn how to counter it. It can be held off easily if you know what to look for and what to do. And that's coming from a Zerg player.

Also, with the new quick 3 Stalker build Pvp can also evolve beyond the 4Gate as a matchup.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By audiosnag

You should!

Yeah I kinda do too, when I first started playing Toss that's what I did as I got used to everything but I rarely do now. It's just boring. I probably lose more then I would if I used it but meh. 3gate robo, or 2gate FE is a lot more fun.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Chubbaluphigous said:

" I don't know what the actual numbers are, but it seems like 2/3rds of the games i play are against Protoss.  People I know that were playing Zerg or Terran have switched to Protoss.  All the while, nobody that I have talked to likes PvP at all.  If PvP sucks so much you'd think more people would stop playing Protoss.   "

I switched from Terran when people where using 5rax reaper to Toss.  I stopped playing for a few months, and now I come back and everyone is protoss!

@audiosnag said:

" You should!  Yeah I kinda do too, when I first started playing Toss that's what I did as I got used to everything but I rarely do now. It's just boring. I probably lose more then I would if I used it but meh. 3gate robo, or 2gate FE is a lot more fun. "

I like 3gate expand mostly, but if I am getting 4gated, it is tough to hold without pulling probes, and even then it is a bit tough.  Right now I am watching ROOTminigun on Team Liquid, the last 3 games either he has 4gated, or has been 4 gated.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raiz265
    @Cataphract1014 said:

" But sometimes it seems like the only way I can win anything!   In PvZ, i am absolutely horrible late game.  PvT is probably my best match up.  PvP, its either 4gate or get 4gated.  And when I choose to 4gate, I feel bad, but then when I get 4gated, I get pissed. "

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=194376  

take a look at this thread for PvZ, it really helped me to improve my play against zerg because despite all the whine by zerg my PvZ is horrrrrrrible 

I almost never 4gate, only when a zerg steals my second gas I go for a 1gas Zealot+Stalker 4gate and I#d estimate my winrate to be at around 90% when doing that :P 
    It just seems to easy and I don't feel like I'm improving when 4gating, practicing macrogames and your overall mechanics will help you with any build tho.
    Shibbxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shibbxyz

When toss goes 4 gate i find it fun to hold off the attack n defend my early expo i prefer it over the late game collusus ball of death that i always have trouble dealing with

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By frankxiv

i am just glad to know protoss have as much trouble with zerg as i, a zerg, have with protoss.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @raiz265:  Oh man, that thread is awesomeeeeee.   Thanks!

I remember iNcontroL talking about "shark" mode when he was coaching live on his stream to some annoying 14 year old and his brother.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By audiosnag
    @Cataphract1014 said:

" @Chubbaluphigous said:

" I don't know what the actual numbers are, but it seems like 2/3rds of the games i play are against Protoss.  People I know that were playing Zerg or Terran have switched to Protoss.  All the while, nobody that I have talked to likes PvP at all.  If PvP sucks so much you'd think more people would stop playing Protoss.   "

I switched from Terran when people where using 5rax reaper to Toss.  I stopped playing for a few months, and now I come back and everyone is protoss!

@audiosnag

said:

" You should!  Yeah I kinda do too, when I first started playing Toss that's what I did as I got used to everything but I rarely do now. It's just boring. I probably lose more then I would if I used it but meh. 3gate robo, or 2gate FE is a lot more fun. "

I like 3gate expand mostly, but if I am getting 4gated, it is tough to hold without pulling probes, and even then it is a bit tough.  Right now I am watching ROOTminigun on Team Liquid, the last 3 games either he has 4gated, or has been 4 gated. "
    Yeah I know what you're saying. It's tough to hold and so many Toss loooove it. Did you see that build Artosis just put up on his youtube recently? Using three fast stalkers to hold it. I haven't tried it but it seems pretty cool I wanna practice it and give it a shot.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By raiz265
    @audiosnag said:
    " @Cataphract1014 said:

" @Chubbaluphigous said:

@audiosnag

said:

I like 3gate expand mostly, but if I am getting 4gated, it is tough to hold without pulling probes, and even then it is a bit tough.  Right now I am watching ROOTminigun on Team Liquid, the last 3 games either he has 4gated, or has been 4 gated. "
    Yeah I know what you're saying. It's tough to hold and so many Toss loooove it. Did you see that build Artosis just put up on his youtube recently? Using three fast stalkers to hold it. I haven't tried it but it seems pretty cool I wanna practice it and give it a shot.

"
    I've been doing quite fine with 2gate+robo in PvP normally, some sentrys and a chronoboosted immortal tend do do quite well... then transition into 3gate+colossi or take an expo if possible and go effin crazy with colossi+voidray+mothership :D
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @audiosnag:  I've tried it once or twice, but haven't really practiced it.

I would like to state for the record as well that I hate scrap station.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.