Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

MLG Anaheim koreans announcement

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By babblinmule

So today Mr Chae and MLG announced that coming to MLG Anaheim (I believe it starts on the 29th July), will be MMA, Boxer, MVP and DongRaeGu.

Here's the linky

So thoughts anyone? Is there anyone outside of Korea that can take down MMA at this point? Let alone beat MVP or DongRaegu?

Based on what I've seen of mister DRG, I think it'll be an accomplishment if a foreigner takes one game off that monster...

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NickL

Glad that they invited MMA back to defend his title.

I think there will be another all korea top 3 unless idra can avoid his little fits this tournament with MMA, MVP, and DRG.

Not really sure what to expect from Boxer every time I watch him the casters talk a big game and he comes out and looks very meh. (I haven't watched any of the current GSL season yet)

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By baldgye

Only person I can see beating the Koreans in a straight match up is HuK atm... IdrA could do well, though he's not been posting great results recentally

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NickL

@baldgye said:

Only person I can see beating the Koreans in a straight match up is HuK atm... IdrA could do well, though he's not been posting great results recentally

Yeah i completely forgot to mention huk, if he actually goes he could definitely break up an all korean top 3 but he hasn't gone to a few so not sure if he will make it to this one (again, no idea if he is still in current GSL season or not)

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By babblinmule
    @NickL: HuK is definitely going to this one. He's even in the same group as DRG, which should be an interesting match to say the least.
    Zolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zolfe

YAAAAAAYY DRG, i've seen Huk take games off of him on Ladder though

also SlayersGanzi, SlayersAlicia and CHoyaFOu will be going through the open bracket

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By baldgye
    @NickL said:

@baldgye said:

Yeah i completely forgot to mention huk, if he actually goes he could definitely break up an all korean top 3 but he hasn't gone to a few so not sure if he will make it to this one (again, no idea if he is still in current GSL season or not)

he is in the CodeS Ro16 his next match is vs oGsMC :/
    DerBrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DerBrick

The line up of Koreans coming over is sick. I need to change my pants after seeing some of the pool matches.. but the possibilities for championship Sunday is crazy!!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

So... can we agree that MVP is taking it?

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By baldgye
    @csl316 said:

I recon DRG can get to the finals... and I'd like to see MVP vs HuK
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By frankxiv

go go alicia

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By csl316

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

true on both counts. especially after seeing DRG rip through OGS the other day. did you see Nada's face after his game? damn, son.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By baldgye
    @csl316 said:

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

true on both counts. especially after seeing DRG rip through OGS the other day. did you see Nada's face after his game? damn, son.

idd... atm he isn't very well known which is helping him alot as people can't prepar against him very easily... and that matched with this non standard style means that he's a total unknown...  and am I right in thinking he beat scFoU in that LG 3D cup that had its final just before last seasons GSL final?
    Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Time_Lord

Huk will win because he is Huk and MC is not thier to team kill him.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By csl316

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

idd... atm he isn't very well known which is helping him alot as people can't prepar against him very easily... and that matched with this non standard style means that he's a total unknown... and am I right in thinking he beat scFoU in that LG 3D cup that had its final just before last seasons GSL final?

Indeed, he did take out sc. It was a pretty even series, and sc pulled a 2-0 on Sage in the semis (who is no slouch, either).

But his maphack thing really impressed me recently. Burrowed zerglings all over the place, great stuff. Dude's a beast.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raiz265

i hope some non korean pulls off the uber upset and takes everything

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DystopiaX

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

MVP hasn't been doing well for awhile now, tbh I think it'll either be a really good foreigner, like Idra/Naniwa/Huk (if he's going, idk how his F. United/Korea thing will schedule with Anaheim), or one of the other Koreans, probably MMA but I could see DRG having a really good chance as well, especially since his ZvT is so good- if it comes down to him and one of the other Koreans, who are all Terran, I would pick him as the favorite for sure.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DystopiaX

@csl316 said:

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

@baldgye said:

@csl316 said:

idd... atm he isn't very well known which is helping him alot as people can't prepar against him very easily... and that matched with this non standard style means that he's a total unknown... and am I right in thinking he beat scFoU in that LG 3D cup that had its final just before last seasons GSL final?

Indeed, he did take out sc. It was a pretty even series, and sc pulled a 2-0 on Sage in the semis (who is no slouch, either).

But his maphack thing really impressed me recently. Burrowed zerglings all over the place, great stuff. Dude's a beast.

He's actually really well known in Korea though, for being high on the ladder as well as winning several non-GSL tourney's (LG Cinema 3d, some other stuff), and for being undefeated in the teamleague, beating all races and most top terrans like Boxer, MMA, Nada. He's unknown to foreigners but, like Puma, a lot of Koreans know who they are because it's not just about GSL placings in Korea.

baldgye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By baldgye

I don't think you can right off MVP, I defo think he's better than any terran foregners atm... I'd love a HuK IdrA game, s I think HuK is much better now than he was last MLG.. though I've no idea whos in where and what that means becasue MLG is the most retarded tournament in the world

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By raiz265
    @baldgye said:
    I don't think you can right off MVP, I defo think he's better than any terran foregners atm... I'd love a HuK IdrA game, s I think HuK is much better now than he was last MLG.. though I've no idea whos in where and what that means becasue MLG is the most retarded tournament in the world
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2011_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Anaheim#Pools 

DRG is in HuKs pool, IdrA got relatively lucky with BoxeR being in his pool, MMA and MVP would probably both be harder Terrans to face... But BoxeR has some tricky builds up his sleeve and could seriously fuck with IdrAs unstable mind. :P
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By csl316

@raiz265 said:

@baldgye said:
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2011_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Anaheim#Pools DRG is in HuKs pool, IdrA got relatively lucky with BoxeR being in his pool, MMA and MVP would probably both be harder Terrans to face... But BoxeR has some tricky builds up his sleeve and could seriously fuck with IdrAs unstable mind. :P

You suspect Idra might just early pool to avoid getting his mind blown?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pibo47

MMA and boxer, very nice. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top of this bitch.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By csl316

And I just noticed incontrol's gonna get to play Boxer. He's always going on about it being an honor facing the more storied players in the game. Must be pretty damn exciting for him.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By frankxiv
    @csl316 said:

@raiz265 said:

@baldgye said:
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2011_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Anaheim#Pools DRG is in HuKs pool, IdrA got relatively lucky with BoxeR being in his pool, MMA and MVP would probably both be harder Terrans to face... But BoxeR has some tricky builds up his sleeve and could seriously fuck with IdrAs unstable mind. :P

didn't boxer beat idra 2-0 in nasl?
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By raiz265
    @onimonkii said:
    @csl316 said:

@raiz265 said:

@baldgye said:

Think so, he used some hidden barracks in game one and IdrA seemed like he had given up on it in game 2 after that iirc. 
    But still, BoxeR is probably the weakest of the korean terrans going to MLG and his TvZ always was his weakest matchup in SC2 I think. So IdrA is should be totally capable of taking him down.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By csl316

@raiz265 said:

@onimonkii said:
    @csl316 said:

@raiz265 said:

@baldgye said:

Think so, he used some hidden barracks in game one and IdrA seemed like he had given up on it in game 2 after that iirc. But still, BoxeR is probably the weakest of the korean terrans going to MLG and his TvZ always was his weakest matchup in SC2 I think. So IdrA is should be totally capable of taking him down.

Confident Idra can absolutely take Current Boxer out. I'm actually really curious, specifically, how Idra does this time. He was completely rolling through everyone until the later rounds, so he can probably take the whole thing. Until the preemptive gg's come around.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Rayeth

Anyone who thinks that DongRaeGu isn't going to make it high up (probably first or second) needs to get their reality checked. DRG is a BEAST and unless he falls prey to some kind of travel issues (jet lag, sleep, etc) or nerves (but given his stage exp from GSL, I doubt it) he will be all over this tournament. Liquid`Tyler even said on State of the Game last week that he wanted DRG to "Stay the hell away from America" (prolly cause Tyler's PvZ has been slumping recently). So anyone not considering this guy needs to re-evaluate.

Also don't forget there are 7 total Korean Pros coming to this event. ChoyafOu (being flown out on FXO's dime, but staying on Team FOU), Slayers Alicia, and Slayers GanZi are all coming into the Open Bracket and those guys are all killers and could easily make big waves and either make it into the pools themselves or knock out big name players.

My guesses for people to win the pools as they stand:

Pool A:

Obviously DRG.

Pool B:

IdrA (Though if IdrA loses to BoxeR, I think BoxeR might be able come out on top).

Pool C:

MMA

Pool D:

MVP (though I haven't been impressed by his recent games I think he can take that group. Though if SeleCT beats him, SeleCT could take the group).

Gotta get HYPE for this event, guys!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.