Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

no cd-key in box

RaceKickfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaceKickfist

My friend just bought SC2 and after installing and going through everything, realized that they did not put a cd-key sticker anywhere in the box. On my copy is was on the cd-sleeve the disc was in. There was no residue or anything left from if somebody peeled it off; it was as if they just shipped without that crucial sequence of numbers and letters. So my question is- is he SOL? would blizzard even bother to help him out? He claims blizzard "doesn't care about customer service anymore" and wouldn't contact them (I thought that was a bit pissy of him, but given the circumstances I can understand why he would be). His other course of action is trying to return the game at Best Buy or exchange it or something. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do about it?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

Take it back to the store, and tell him to stop being a bitch and call support

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By wunder_

Yeah call support - if he lives in the US calling the line is much easier than most other places. If he's outside of the US try e-mailing them, that's a little less annoying but will take a bit longer.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Take it back to the store, and tell him to stop being a bitch and call support "
    Most people are afraid to call strangers just out of the blue like that. 
    So they make up sad excuses like "Blizzard don't care about costumers anymore" or other retarded shit like that. 
    It's actually kind of funny :D sad, sad people
    Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " Take it back to the store, and tell him to stop being a bitch and call support "
    Most people are afraid to call strangers just out of the blue like that. So they make up sad excuses like "Blizzard don't care about costumers anymore" or other retarded shit like that. It's actually kind of funny :D sad, sad people "
    Lol, I'm opposite. I love calling customer support but I hate calling people I know! 

But seriously, Blizzard customer support is some of the best but I would first try bringing it back to the store and see if they can replace it since they sold you an incomplete product.
    reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By reign

Tell him to stop acting like a child and call blizz support. They're awesome.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By august

Bliz will probably want him to take it back to the store first. They'll probably just hand him a new copy, especially if he has his recite.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By thatfrood

Plenty of people have had this happen to them, since you don't need the cd to install the game (you can get it online) there are loads of dudes who have gone into best buys and just taken the cd key.
    Basically, just give a proof of purchase and blizz will deactivate that cd key and give you a new one.

Tell him to stop being a pussy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.