Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Official End of Season 1 dates announced

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014
     Blizzard Dude Said:

It’s an exciting time in StarCraft II history. The first ever season is drawing to a close, and Season 2 is about to begin. We have some important information on how the end of season process will happen, and the times and dates for each step.

During maintenance next Tuesday morning, March 22, the ladders will be locked. The lock will mean that no further league promotions or demotions can occur, and bonus pools will stop growing. So now’s the time to push for that promotion! Once locked to a league and division players can continue to play out their bonus pools and compete for standing within their division until the actual end of the season.

During morning maintenance the following Tuesday, March 29, Season 1 will end and Season 2 will begin. Season milestone rewards will be distributed (more info about these in an upcoming blog), and bonus pools will start over. Internal skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have played their placement matches in the previous season will only need to play one new placement match.

A couple weeks later we'll be ready to launch the Grandmaster league the morning of April 12. For more information on this premiere league check out our recent blog at-
     http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2452060#blog

SOURCE:  http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2228179462

Get your games in now!  Ladder locks next week!
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

So pumped for this :)

I'm glad they're finally clearing the ladders up. That way the non-active players will be demoted and our low-league brethren struggling to get promote will finally get a chance.

I jus hope the league reset will be followed by bigger maps in the map pool soon.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

I never even knew it would be split into seasons

Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Buccura

Hey that means I can go back to Bronze and build up my skill again, rather than trying to stand a chance in Silver after months of not playing!

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ben_H

Yay!  The one placement match doesn't really make much of a difference unless your MMR is significantly higher or lower than where you are placed.  If you are winning evenly right now then you will probably stay where you are though it may be in a different division.  When I had my one placement match on one of my PTR accounts it boosted me up to gold (which is hilarious because I had only been playing zerg on that account and was steamrolled almost every game), so I guess some changes can occur.  I'm gonna try to play a lot before the system locks, though I doubt i can get into diamond that fast. 

@Buccura said:

" Hey that means I can go back to Bronze and build up my skill again, rather than trying to stand a chance in Silver after months of not playing! "
    Just throw a ton of games and it should work itself out if you just barely in silver. 

Here's hoping they remove Slag Pits and put a fixed up Shakuras in. (cross spawns only)  Or add GSL maps, that would be good.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By imsh_pl
    @Ben_H: Cross-only Shakuras would be a pretty good idea, actually. If they threw out an extra expansion or two to the places where the players didn't spawn it could be a really interesting macro 2 player map.

And slag pits is horrible.

During the last EU tournament I played many games on Tal'Darim Altar, and I must say it is an amazing map. Long distances and the map's layout greatly encourage early 2nd and 3rd bases. I remember how surprisingly different the games felt, but they were propably one of the best I've played so far.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By raiz265

I want to get to fucking Masters already >:( 

This weekend.... I'm sure! 

Otherwise I'm going to try to hold #1 in my division and hope to get some useless achievement or something for it... :D

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donos

Good, been waiting for this for a while. Now I can get placed properly and start doing some 1v1.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

Coolness.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By davidwitten22
    @Ben_H said:
    " Yay!  The one placement match doesn't really make much of a difference unless your MMR is significantly higher or lower than where you are placed.  If you are winning evenly right now then you will probably stay where you are though it may be in a different division.  When I had my one placement match on one of my PTR accounts it boosted me up to gold (which is hilarious because I had only been playing zerg on that account and was steamrolled almost every game), so I guess some changes can occur.  I'm gonna try to play a lot before the system locks, though I doubt i can get into diamond that fast. 

@Buccura said:
    " Hey that means I can go back to Bronze and build up my skill again, rather than trying to stand a chance in Silver after months of not playing! "
    Just throw a ton of games and it should work itself out if you just barely in silver.  Here's hoping they remove Slag Pits and put a fixed up Shakuras in. (cross spawns only)  Or add GSL maps, that would be good. "
    So my MMR is way higher than my league. Will this be helpful for me in getting into a higher league next season?
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ben_H

Just an update.  The 1st season has already ended in the SEA region and Season 2 is underway.  You play one placement match and it puts you basically where your MMR is.  I have not heard of too many people being promoted or demoted but it is possible.  Normally you will just be placed in basically the same spot you are in now with no bonus pool. 

The season should be over for NA in a short amount of time and Europe probably soon after that. 

@davidwitten22 said:

So my MMR is way higher than my league. Will this be helpful for me in getting into a higher league next season? "
    It depends if it has levelled out or not.  It is tough to say at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.