Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Patch 12 Beign deployed

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Rayeth

Notes are available here

Wow.  Zerg just cannot get a break.  Roach going from 1 to 2 supply is pretty huge for the early game.

Not sure what the point of the forge changes are, but ok sure.  Make cannons easier to deny?  Not really sure what they are hoping for with that.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Donos

I'm guessing the forge was too strong, and made too good a ramp wall, or something like that. Hadn't heard anything about it though. The Roach change sounds reasonable to me, given how strong Roaches are and how easy they are to mass early on.

The change that I really appreciate though isn't listed here, but it's the decrease in the Thor's size by 2/5ths. Given how slow they are, and their inability to cliffwalk, their old size really gimped them.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By raiz265
    @Rayeth said:

" Notes are available here  Wow.  Zerg just cannot get a break.  Roach going from 1 to 2 supply is pretty huge for the early game.  Not sure what the point of the forge changes are, but ok sure.  Make cannons easier to deny?  Not really sure what they are hoping for with that. "

Forge - Build time increased from 35 to 45. Life and shield values decreased from 550/550 to 400/400. 

We are seeing a Photon Cannon rush against protoss and zerg. Against protoss, players usually use a cliff edge or the enemy minerals in combination with their forge to protect their pylon. Against zerg, you can use the Forge and Pylon to block the zerg player’s ramp. We have a few numbers we can tweak to fix this, build time on the Forge being the most obvious. However if we make the build time too high it will be difficult to panic build a Forge and Cannons to block a badly played cloak attack. So we are going to try a mixture of health nerfs to the Forge and a small timing change.   

that's what blizzard says 
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kishan6

roach's are ridiculous early game anywas so this is a very welcome change imo

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

I am super excited about smaller Thors.

beatlebrainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By beatlebrainiac

Oh man, I hope that "crash" fix is what I think it is. It's such a pain in the ass to have to ctrl+alt+delete anytime I want to close the program. 

Edit: it is indeed. Happy days! Also, the new Thor is still pretty substantial in size. It's quite humorous to see it being transported by a medivac.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.