Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Starcraft 1 noob blog num. 2

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By jelekeloy

So, I've been playing this game, Starcraft Brood War, for about a week, struggling against the AI about twice a day until rage-quitting.  "Dude," you're probably thinking.  " Why aren't you playing SC2?"  Because I'm not sure if my computer can run it with just a single core 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon processor and on board GeForce 6150 LE graphics tech.  Sadly, there's no demo for me to find out with.  But whatever, today, spoiler alert, I finally broke through and was able to achieve my first ever victory in SC1

I chose the smallest map I could, 96x96, and chose to play as Protoss, my new favorite race.  I decided, screw it, and  built hella tons (hehe) of probes and pylons, then made five gateways.  After having scouted the enemy base with a worker, my next move was to send in forty un-upgraded zealots.  With this force, I was able to massacre a whole bunch of Zerg soldiers and structures, and built up some hope, something I had lacked while playing the game the last few days. 

Anyway, I continued to building up small armies of zealots and sending them off to murder the Zerg until I began to run low on minerals to mine.  At this point, I tried to move to a corner of the map where I knew I could find more of the precious resource, but was stricken down by a squad of zerglings defending the spot.  After that failed attempt, I was down to just over 400 minerals, and desperately needed a new source of income. After that short scare, I came across some more minerals and set up camps, but was left with little production for a short time.  After the new base was established, and mining was back on track, I continued to pump out zealots and run them across the small map to my new base.  Every time i piled up 20 units, I'd ship them off to take out the new Zerg base south of my position.  After that base was done with, I proceeded to demolish the enemy's main base, and was congratulated with a victory message.

"Cool story bro."  Beat you.  I'm still pretty pumped up about this, so don't bring me down, kthxbye.

Oh wait, if you've got a NA guest pass for SC2, and nothing to do with it, I'll be your doormat while you try to adjust to the new game.  Just sayin'.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jelekeloy

So, I've been playing this game, Starcraft Brood War, for about a week, struggling against the AI about twice a day until rage-quitting.  "Dude," you're probably thinking.  " Why aren't you playing SC2?"  Because I'm not sure if my computer can run it with just a single core 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon processor and on board GeForce 6150 LE graphics tech.  Sadly, there's no demo for me to find out with.  But whatever, today, spoiler alert, I finally broke through and was able to achieve my first ever victory in SC1

I chose the smallest map I could, 96x96, and chose to play as Protoss, my new favorite race.  I decided, screw it, and  built hella tons (hehe) of probes and pylons, then made five gateways.  After having scouted the enemy base with a worker, my next move was to send in forty un-upgraded zealots.  With this force, I was able to massacre a whole bunch of Zerg soldiers and structures, and built up some hope, something I had lacked while playing the game the last few days. 

Anyway, I continued to building up small armies of zealots and sending them off to murder the Zerg until I began to run low on minerals to mine.  At this point, I tried to move to a corner of the map where I knew I could find more of the precious resource, but was stricken down by a squad of zerglings defending the spot.  After that failed attempt, I was down to just over 400 minerals, and desperately needed a new source of income. After that short scare, I came across some more minerals and set up camps, but was left with little production for a short time.  After the new base was established, and mining was back on track, I continued to pump out zealots and run them across the small map to my new base.  Every time i piled up 20 units, I'd ship them off to take out the new Zerg base south of my position.  After that base was done with, I proceeded to demolish the enemy's main base, and was congratulated with a victory message.

"Cool story bro."  Beat you.  I'm still pretty pumped up about this, so don't bring me down, kthxbye.

Oh wait, if you've got a NA guest pass for SC2, and nothing to do with it, I'll be your doormat while you try to adjust to the new game.  Just sayin'.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

That's awesome! I'll be honest, I've never been able to pull a win on the SC AI without some kind of help, so congrats! 
    And I have good news: you can run SCII. May not look the prettiest, but it'll work.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

Dude Ive won a whopping total of about 6 online RTS matches, to me, even one victory is a huge deal, Good job !

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

For people who didn't know, if you buy SC2 Collectors, you get SC1 and Brood Wars for free on the USB stick.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jelekeloy
    @Driadon: 
    You're probably right about being able to run it, but I'm not sure if I can tolerate how shaky it would be.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon
    @jelekeloy: It'll just not look the greatest. It'll still be damn smooth.
    Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aetos

Welcome to the Protoss side. They were always my favorite. 

Anyways congrats on the win dude. The AI in the first game was always pretty cheap.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MistaSparkle

I too am looking forward to playing SC 1 for the first time. Me and a bunch of my friends are gonna try and get really good, and if we do we'll jump into SC 2 and try that out. Its gonna be fun!

brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By brodywb
    @jelekeloy: If you want to see if you can run SC2, just pm me and I'l let you have one of my guest passes.
    jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jelekeloy
    @brodywb: 
    Thanks for the offer, but I got a hold of one the other day, and it runs like crap.  I guess I'll have to wait until I get a chance to upgrade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.