Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Terran Hate

• 68 results
    leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By leburgan
    @Wunder_:  You and I should just discus PvT, I feel like we could do this for hours. 

As a toss player there are some timing pushes that are hard to counter. If I try to 30 nexus expand(which is realty normal)  and the Terran stays 1 base even with sentries and ff the zealots are taken out by the units behind the ff and the stalkers and sentries can kinda get wiped. If the Toss player goes 2gate robo into early colousus, theres a 5 minute or so gap where the toss player doesn't have a colos up to about 2 colossus that they can't take an good macro'ed atttack, and will fall. While yes if you let the stalkers get to critical mass. Theres a timing where as long as you scout the toss user, and they aren't going for ht or colos you just macro on the same level. As soon as you see the tech switch, attack and its hard to push off. As long as your medivac count doesn't go too far down, then its also hard for the toss since a large amount of dps is lost. 

While it is kind of hard to get an emp off, it does have the range of about 6, and if you cloak most p do not have good detection and you can still get off crucial emps. While it can be hard, its just as hard to get off storm, they have the same range. 

Next is the viking count, yes it is hard to be sure you don't have to many, and if they tech switch out of colos then it sucks, but in that case fly to their mineral line and transform and fuck up the econ, its going to put a huge dent in their production. Toss has the most immobile force in the game, drops to hit tech strutcres or mineral lines can be picked up and then no big loss. If you keep the toss player in their base then the agression stops, and you can get that 200 army faster. 

Finally I don't think that enough T users incorperate tanks into their force enough. While the hyper mobile force is better, a few tanks(2-5) can help you set up a contain that keeps the toss user back, and make the colos or ht vulnerable. While they are countered by the immortal, the marines can just wipe them out. 

Basically T can win early-mid game pretty handily with some +1 with stim, as long as you can kill the expos it become worth it. Look at Ejak's timing push in the tourney that DOMINATED the toss that went against it. Even if you don't wipe them out, the army is dead or damaged and the expo is dead and then its jsut out macro to gg.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Those people don't know what a patch is. 
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By wunder_
    @tankintheair315: Sorry; I'd love to discuss PvT at length with you, but unfortunately a lot of our situations that we're describing, although are all plausible, without replays they're theorycrafting, which is pretty worthless in Starcraft II because of the amount of variables that each player can control. I have a bunch of PvT reps and perhaps one day we can post some rep packs but it's really hard to debate the current balance as is because we can each say a situation which is largely determined by each player's skill.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By raiz265
    @gamefreak9 said:
    " @Donos: So ur saying that if the guy masses marines your not going to get banelings?   "
    No, Marines officially counter banelings now!
    ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ekajarmstro
    @tankintheair315:
    You will also note that in my first game against Truman and my second TvP against Domorin I got absolutely crushed TvP because forcefields are so freaking good. And if you don't attack early then protoss can get either collossi or templar which are very difficult to deal with. Even if you have the tech to get vikings, getting vikings means you have less ground units AND you can't get medivacs so your ground force is much weaker. Unless you are really on the ball most of the MM will already be dead before terran's "counters" (ghost, viking) can disable/kill the templar/collossi. I'm not going to try and develop a strategy to counter my own strategy (I don't know how to stop it easily if Protoss expands) but on one base with forcefields it is really easy to stop (which is why I expand, so assuming I don't lose to a counter I can be ahead in economy even though I'm behind in tech).

All the races seem really balanced, you just have to play them all differently -- Blizzard specifically made the races play differently.
    leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By leburgan
    @EkajArmstro:  I suppose your right, when all races think that other races are just so damn hard to beat then your pretty close to balance.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Ben_H
    @Creigz said:
     Terran to most people is mass Marine or Marauder builds that just are mass units on whatever they have, be it strategy builds or another mass unit build, which in bronze league is the most common and referred to usually as "cheese tactic" so most people who play against a Terran encounter Cheese tactics and blame the loss as such. "
    Building a proxy barracks and attacking a couple minutes in using marines and workers is cheese.  Attacking after 10 or 15 minutes with a bioball isn't.  By then protoss can have colossi and chargelots that both can easily demolish a bioball or they could have massed warpgate units with at least one or two sets of upgrades and zerg can have zerglings/banelings and a ton of mutas to counter marines and marauders. I've been accused of cheese many times, especially by zergs, for doing pushes about 10-15 minutes in, yet it is mainly due to most players planning on the game lasting a half hour or longer.

The bronze league (I'm in it.  Doing placement with zerg/terran when I wasn't familiar with them was a bad idea) primarily comprises of 2 types of people: (bad)cheesers and severe turtlers.  I get accused of cheese by zergs a lot.  I can't help that zergs make it really easy to scout their mass roaches almost every game (why would you put the roach warren at the front of your creep spread in your base?).  What the hell do they expect me to do, keep building marines when I know marauders will easily dispatch a large group of roaches?  They always claim marauders are unfair but it isn't my fault they attacked with only roaches and no zerglings to tie up marauders.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#58  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Ben_H said:
    "Chargelots can easily demolish a bioball."
    ...what? 

@EkajArmstro: I think the frustration of being the Protoss player in this situation is that you have to be so on the ball at all times with your forcefields early game vs Terran.  As shown in the game we played, my eyes were elsewhere and you were able to stim and dash in before I could react, decimating my entire force.  Of course the burden should be on me to keep my eye on the map, but sometimes it feels almost impossible with the speed at which a bioball can kill you if it catches you flat footed.

Numerous times over the course of the GSL, I've seen top Protoss players get destroyed simply because their attention was divided and they missed the forcefield at their ramp.  It may be apples and oranges, but it's hard as a Protoss player to look at the Terran base with their ability to build a wall-in that stays up as long as you want it to, then look at  your own base that is so fragile to early pressure.

Don't get me wrong, when I roll T it feels great to be able to put so much pressure on in the early game which, as you stated, T has to do to make sure they don't just get steamrolled in the late game.  But when I'm P it really feels like I have to play the entire game perfectly up until the late game because one microscopic mistake will put me so far behind, I won't be able to make enough Colossi / Templar to overcome the combination of MM(M?)+Vikings+Ghosts.

Bottom line, while I do feel that Terran should be stronger than Protoss in the early game, it seems skewed just a little bit too far in the Terran's favor.

Also wasn't this topically originally about ZvT? lolol @ Zergs crying imba, and my favorite race is Zerg!
    ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ekajarmstro
    @StarvingGamer:
    The point about the forcefield requiring focus is definately true. I personally would have much more fun playing Protoss if their best push stopping ability wasn't so binary.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60  Edited By Addfwyn
    @OldMouse: because terran used to be overpowered, so some of the stigma remains. 

Nowadays, balance is pretty solid, and my toughest matchup is probably ZvZ.   But it's probably just remnants from when terran could just walk over everyone else, so some players kinda look down on terrans as a result.  I really don't care, though sometimes I get annoyed when I get cheesed (even if they are totally legit, and they are, it is just frustrating and not satisfying as a game)

There is that 2-rax rush that is really punishing zerg right now though, may need some looking at.  So hard to deal with for pretty minimal effort.  
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By wunder_
    @Addfwyn:  Haha, saying 2 rax require little effort is pretty laughable.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By Addfwyn
    @Wunder_: the amount of effort it takes to scout it (debatable if you even can) and defend against it (doable, but with extremely good micro) vs the amount it takes to perform?  Yes, it requires little relative effort.   

Of course you can make it better with solid micro, but it doesn't necessarily require it to be effective.
    Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Juvarial
    @EkajArmstro: Agreed. IDK. I feel as if this is starcraft without broodwar atm. It feels incomplete : P
    Avatar image for everybody_poops
    Everybody_Poops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Everybody_Poops

Maybe at a fairly low level (bronze/silver) Terran is fairly easy (but Im not convinced). But at my level (1500+ diamond), the haters can go fuck themselves.  Playing Mech against zerg requires damn near perfect pushing both with timing and tank placement and against protoss you gotta get tricky. If Terran makes one mistake against protoss, its real bad. One mistake against zerg and your marines get pwnd by banelings, leaving your tanks undefended from mutalisks.

The whole mule thing.... I mean ya. It is easier in that sense.... but Terran macro requires handling more individual timings, building workers, 1 at a time... building units 1 at a time out of buildings that build 1 at a time. building supply depots. more upgrades to get. all of these things mean you have to handle more individual things. Mules being "easy" are just 1 small aspect of terran macro. Tbe haters seem so naive.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Donos

How many medivacs did it take to revive this thread?

wicked_wumpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By wicked_wumpus

Hey I play as Terran all the time and lose a lot to both Zerg and Protoss, so do I think that Terran are overpowered? NO SIR! :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@OldMouse said:
    " Why all the hate? It seems like everytime I win against a Zerg player, I get a "If only Terran required skill." or a "Terran can suck it." Can't we just get along? "
    Because Terran fucking EAT Zerg...
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By killroycantkill
    @GetEveryone said:
    " @OldMouse said:
    " Why all the hate? It seems like everytime I win against a Zerg player, I get a "If only Terran required skill." or a "Terran can suck it." Can't we just get along? "
    Because Terran fucking EAT Zerg... "
    This

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.