Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Why must you do this to me Battlenet?! Why?!

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By meteora

I had three wins and was feeling pretty good about my placement matches, somewhat cautious about my fourth game after my streak. During my 4th placement match the Battlenet server had a slight hiccup of some sort and dropped me out from my game, promptly leaving it as "a loss" thanks to Battlenet's issue. Pretty sure its their fault, because I took a glance at my router and the internet was still functioning. Worst thing was that I think I was going to win that match too. Thankfully (or not) the next game someone just probe rushed me and gave me a win... <_<

I'm in gold league... I need to tell myself that it's a good league to be in (otherwise I might get my ass handed to me in platnium) but I can't help thinking that I have failed. FML. :3 

Oh. What league are you in?

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By BunkerBuster

Oh man, what great timing. The GSL game (Lennock vs. Clide) that was showing at the time just D/C'ed the players.  
    Battle.Net knows what needs to be done and does it cause it can.

As for the whole rank thing - Don't worry about it, play the game for fun.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

I'm in Diamond and I just play for fun. 
    Only time I worry about doing good is when I'm in tournaments where I can win money (or cool swag). But yeah, the Battlenet kicking me out of a match has happened before but it usually happens after a ton of hours of play. I take it as a "You should only play 20 more games and then probably take a 3 minute break" 

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By raiz265
    @BunkerBuster said:
    " Oh man, what great timing. The GSL game (Lennock vs. Clide) that was showing at the time just D/C'ed the players.  Battle.Net knows what needs to be done and does it cause it can. As for the whole rank thing - Don't worry about it, play the game for fun. "
    Just started watching after it happened but people on tl.net said it was actually one of the computers that crashed and not B.net... not sure tho 
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @raiz265:   
    Maybe Battle.net destroyed the computer, at this point I wouldn't overlook that possibility.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By meteora
    @BunkerBuster said:
    " Oh man, what great timing. The GSL game (Lennock vs. Clide) that was showing at the time just D/C'ed the players.  Battle.Net knows what needs to be done and does it cause it can. As for the whole rank thing - Don't worry about it, play the game for fun. "
    @raiz265 said:
    " @BunkerBuster said:
    Just started watching after it happened but people on tl.net said it was actually one of the computers that crashed and not B.net... not sure tho  "
    You sure? I played my first game after my placement matches and I just got dropped again. T_T 

I'm probably going to have to call quits for tonight than pushing my luck like a drunk man. =/
    LowlyStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By LowlyStudent

I was in platinum, but then I switched to playing on the Korean server, after I finally got my Korean account working properly. I play exclusively on the Korean server now, because I am living in Korea, at the moment, and the lag is less noticeable for me. Sadly, I'm still a Korean bronze, though I am at the top of my league (2100 or so) and due for a bump soon, as I play mostly silvers and golds. All I have to say, when I go on the North American servers and play platinums, I usually just destroy them, even with the terrible lag I've started getting. If I was to guess, I would say that I am on par with low level North American diamonds. 

The NA server is not even remotely on par with the KR server, with exception of high level diamond players, where the skill levels are far more similar. That is so say, the average rank-and-file Korean player is really good --- the stereotypes are true.

Arkanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Arkanti
    @raiz265 said:

" @BunkerBuster said:

Just started watching after it happened but people on tl.net said it was actually one of the computers that crashed and not B.net... not sure tho  "

Regardless, Bnet needs a reconnect feature or lan play for tournaments, or both...
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Meteora: During my placements b.net put me up against 3 Diamond players and 1 Platinum and 1 Gold.  I beat 1 Gold and 1 Diamond, lost to 1 Platinum and 1 Diamond, then in my final match against a Diamond Protoss player that tried a proxy that I lolol'ed all over, I DCed.

I was pissed off and placed into Gold, but about 30 games later had managed to claw my way up into Diamond.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.