Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Save Data - Free Weekend Game

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad

Hey all,

I got a quick question. A while ago I played Arma III during its free weekend on Steam. The weekend ended and I haven't played it since. The local game data is still installed and it has the 'Purchase' button were 'Play' would usually be.

I enjoyed Arma III and I'm about to purchase it via a steam key from G2A (missed it on the Summer Sale).

My question is, if I purchase it in this manner will my save data still be present and will I be able to continue where I left off?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It shouldn't, I've downloaded other games on Steam after a free weekend and still had my saves. Steam shouldn't delete or overwrite those files when downloading the game. I also played Arma 3 during the last free weekend and I can see the files on my computer.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Very likely. I'd still back up the save data though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.