Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steep

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 01, 2016

A snowboarding, skiing, wingsuit, and paragliding game from Ubisoft.

After playing the Beta, I think I prefer Infinite Air

tstorm004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The physics of the riding in Steep just don't feel nearly as good. I like the graphics and progression and everything else about Steep, but the feeling of riding just isn't as good as I'd hoped. Maybe I'm just spoiled by how deep Infinite Air's trick system is.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By avantegardener

Agreed, the game should feel incredibly free and exhilarating, but it simply feels sluggish and not fun, I've tried all the modes of transport, none of it feels great. I don't think the interface is particularly clear either, and the feeling of progress doesn't feel particularly transparent.

At least from what I have played in the beta.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really didn't like this beta. I was very much looking forward to the game but the controls felt sluggish and unresponsive, the graphics were technically proficient but just super boring, and the challenges were lame.

The Wingsuit and parachute stuff is LITERALLY Superman 64. Fly through these rings.

I really wanted to like the game because I love snowboarding games but unless it gets rave reviews it is a hard pass for me until it is really cheap.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the sequel will be rad? Beta was such a cool idea, with no execution.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I've see Infinite Air coming up a lot lately because of the STEEP beta. I wasn't quite sold on STEEP but after playing the beta, I did realize just how much of a desire I have to just shred a virtual mountain because of my excitement of the upcoming snowboarding season. I think I'm going to be pulling the trigger on Infinite Air because I'm just really intrigued by it. Will probably decide within the first 2 hours if I want to keep it or not. Learning curves are not things to scare me off if the experience is worth it.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hadn't heard of the game before Jeff played it on UPF, and I didn't have much interest in it from that. But I've been trying really hard to find a new controller-supported game (I only play PC) that I could relax and play from my couch while listening to podcasts and watching old GB content (going through the Bioforge videos right now). For whatever reason I decided to give Steep a shot, and for my purposes its really good. The game looks great, the controls are simple, the gameplay is stress-free (since there are zero consequences at all times), and there is something calming about exploring a vast mountain. I expect I'd get bored pretty quickly if I was giving it all my attention, but as something to just keep busy with while watching Vinny have a character only move via backflips, its solid. I do wish the progression systems felt better though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.