Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Great, I guess ima scrub now.

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Farley_Lives

I guess "ima scrub" for using the "top tier" because I use Sagat. He's the only character I've ever liked since SF2 Turbo. Now that a tier list is out, valid or not, people are going pick higher tier characters in favor of others. Most of which will use Sagat, who is on the top of that list. it sucks cause i worked very hard to get where i'm now, only for people to give me crap like "Sagat is are for noobs"

Truth is alot of Scrubs might switch to Sagat, which sucks for all of the people who used him prior. Maybe it's karma for all the Ken Fighter jokes. Altough If someone one was skilled enough i did give them credit.

Etherway, I think it sucks for anyone playing, if your fighting someone with a "higher tier" character, they can just say that as an excuse to invalidate you win. Even if the differences are slight, anybody using the highly favored character will get crap for it.I just hope that people can remember this game is still more about skill then who uses who.

Fucking tier lists...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Ignore tier lists, period. Live to Win.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Honestly, it's hard for me to not judge Ken/Sagat players on sight, but I do try to keep an open mind. At least until they start spamming Shoryukens or that ridiculous high/low Tiger Shot into Tiger Knee combo. Then they're dead to me.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By AndrewJD

I play with Sagat as my main (still trying to get good with abel though) and I haven't run into that many other people playing with him. Plus the ones I have played have generally been good, so if I start seeing a load of spamming tiger shot Sagat nublets i'll let you know!!

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Illmatic

I honestly think you guys are playing a different game because the amount of times I've versed another Sagat I can count on one hand (I've played over 400 matches and play as Sagat). The amount of Kens on the other hand most definitely make up half of those matches. As far as the annoyance towards him, a tiger shot into a tiger knee is just as legitimate a combo as Sakura's ex spin kick into her three punches in the air. Quite frankly, it's very easy to dodge at that, which is why I don't usually use it unless I find a projectile spammer. The problem shouldn't be whether or not a particular move annoys you but whether or not you can prevent yourself from being caught by it. If a jumping kick by Ken caught you when you should have been anticipating the move the moment he left the ground then it seems like training mode should be your next destination....TIGER!

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I play as Dan so this doesn't bother me at all

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By zityz
    TheWorstPlayerEver said:
    "I play as Dan so this doesn't bother me at all"

same here, and well chungi li but...DUDE.....DUDE ITS DAN!
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138
    TooWalrus said:
    "Ignore tier lists, period. Live to Win."
    Ignoring you would be better me thinks
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix

Don't even worry about it, dude.  Just like Ken, people who are actually GOOD with Sagat will still rise to the top.  Hell, if people thing you're a scrub, and you prove otherwise in your matches, then it's their fault for underestimating you.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ParanoidFreak

At least you aren't using Ken. I hate when people wait for me too pick my character then go straight for Ken, as if I couldn't predict that.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By squirtle_squad

i am not having any of these problems you guys are running into.
    like the millions of kens and now sagats and when i do fight i ken i win most of the time.
    is this a Live problem because on psn these things dont happen, well for me anyways.
    the worse things that happened was that i got called a spaming n00b for using blanka and i wasnt spamming anything.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar

Tier list isn't scrub list; blanka is up there as well but nobody would say blanka players are scrubs. It doesn't matter if you won those matches by spamming fireballs or throwing your opponent around like a rag doll. Afterall who's the real scrub: the person throwing fireballs and winning? or the person that can't get around them?

thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By thecreambun

I was thinking about this problem tonight while I was playing, and for some reason I never seem to fight Ken or Sagat players... Not more than I fight the rest of the chars anyways.

But still I want to ditto what most of the posters here have already said: Screw what people might think of your character choice. Play to have fun, and play to win. If that means playing with Sagat or Ken(or next weeks "scrub character") then so be it. Just go with the character that you feel comfortable playing. 
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I don't even care anymore. My main is Sagat as well, and every time I use him, my opponent always whines.

At least I'm not throwing random shorukens every 3 seconds.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By SSbabel

If these noobs decide to switch from Ken to Sagat that aint gonna change shit, the reason simply being they wont be good enough for the tier system to come into play.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PureRok

The nice thing about playing Cammy is the fact that if they lose they can't say anything about me using a "higher tier" character to beat them. They should just feel horrible about themselves, especially if they are playing Sagat (which I love to own up as Cammy... he's so easy).

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ImperiousRix
    PureRok said:
    "The nice thing about playing Cammy is the fact that if they lose they can't say anything about me using a "higher tier" character to beat them. They should just feel horrible about themselves, especially if they are playing Sagat (which I love to own up as Cammy... he's so easy)."

See, and I have real trouble fighting Cammy.  For some reason, I forget that she can throw a cannon spike right after the spiral arrow reaches its end.  I try to grab someone after a blocked spiral arrow only to get a huge face full of boot.  I'm able to match her speed when I play Vega, but as Chun Li, even when turtling, she can overwhelm me.  Not to mention that damn hooligan combination.  Cammy, if nothing else, is tricky...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.