Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stronghold

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 21, 2001

Stronghold is a castle-building strategy game focused on gathering resources and creating giant armies and keeps.

I heard you like Stronghold, on sale this weekend on Gog.com

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Stronghold is $3.59 on gog.com this weekend, Crusader is $5.99.

Also, unrelated, Arx Fatalis is $3.59 as well, and well worth every iteration of 9 to the second decimal point.

I dunno what that means.  But it's pretty awesome if you like a hardcore dungeon crawler.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By onarum

Yeah, though the steam package is more appealing since it has all stronghold games, it's 20 bucks tough, so I'm waiting a bit to see if it goes on sale, I'm particularly interested in Crusader Extreme that has crazy battles with over 10K units at once.

rrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rrang

Its also on amazon.com for 13 bucks - has all the games too 

You'd probably have to find patches for it too.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Krakn3Dfx
    @Rrang said:

" Its also on amazon.com for 13 bucks - has all the games too  You'd probably have to find patches for it too. "

Nice thing about the GOG version is that they go in and tool around a bit to guarantee compatibility across Windows Vista/Windows 7, and their games usually come with a god selection of extra goodies.  With Stronghold, I got the manual, the soundtrack, some HD wallpapers, and a couple of nice little campaign add-ons.   Plus, no DRM, no disc to pop in, and no 3rd party client to run ( I love Steam, but usually when it comes to old games, I don't want to have to require internet access or mess around with Steam's offline mode to play them).

Personally, I think GOG is unbeatable when it comes to older games like this.
    rrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rrang

yeah, completely agree. I just bought it off of GOG a couple hours ago... Im really liking it!  

It works beautifully on my Windows 7 64 bit version too~~~

Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Buccura

Just bought right now after trying the demo. GoG must really be loving Giant Bomb right now C:

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bleshoo

I too just bought the game, thanks to the Quick Look. Totally loving it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.