I heard you like Stronghold, on sale this weekend on Gog.com

#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

Stronghold is $3.59 on gog.com this weekend, Crusader is $5.99.

Also, unrelated, Arx Fatalis is $3.59 as well, and well worth every iteration of 9 to the second decimal point.

I dunno what that means.  But it's pretty awesome if you like a hardcore dungeon crawler.

#2 Posted by onarum (2089 posts) -

Yeah, though the steam package is more appealing since it has all stronghold games, it's 20 bucks tough, so I'm waiting a bit to see if it goes on sale, I'm particularly interested in Crusader Extreme that has crazy battles with over 10K units at once.

#3 Posted by Rrang (78 posts) -

Its also on amazon.com for 13 bucks - has all the games too 

You'd probably have to find patches for it too.

#4 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -
@Rrang said:

" Its also on amazon.com for 13 bucks - has all the games too  You'd probably have to find patches for it too. "

Nice thing about the GOG version is that they go in and tool around a bit to guarantee compatibility across Windows Vista/Windows 7, and their games usually come with a god selection of extra goodies.  With Stronghold, I got the manual, the soundtrack, some HD wallpapers, and a couple of nice little campaign add-ons.   Plus, no DRM, no disc to pop in, and no 3rd party client to run ( I love Steam, but usually when it comes to old games, I don't want to have to require internet access or mess around with Steam's offline mode to play them).

Personally, I think GOG is unbeatable when it comes to older games like this.
#5 Posted by Rrang (78 posts) -

yeah, completely agree. I just bought it off of GOG a couple hours ago... Im really liking it!  

It works beautifully on my Windows 7 64 bit version too~~~

#6 Posted by Buccura (213 posts) -

Just bought right now after trying the demo. GoG must really be loving Giant Bomb right now C:

#7 Edited by Bleshoo (131 posts) -

I too just bought the game, thanks to the Quick Look. Totally loving it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.