How many worlds are in Super Mario 3D Land?

#1 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

I was wondering how many worlds this game contained. All of the reviews say that it goes past world 8. With that being said, it only shows 8 worlds on my overview map on the game. I think it's obvious that it goes past 8 if everyone is reporting it does. Either way though, can someone please tell me just how many world are in the game and have many the main story of the game contains. It would be much appreciated.

#2 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

After you beat World 8, you unlock 8 special worlds. These special worlds are basically harder versions of the levels in each of the 8 main worlds.

#3 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

@Legend: Oh ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. So as someone that is trying to just finish the main story (I guess you could call it that. lol) of the game, I am in world 8 and thus at the end.

#4 Posted by Legend (2659 posts) -

@PainGod89 said:

@Legend: Oh ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. So as someone that is trying to just finish the main story (I guess you could call it that. lol) of the game, I am in world 8 and thus at the end.

Yeah, but the special world levels are the best levels in the game imo.

#5 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

A lot of the special levels are completely different from the main ones also, (even if they are based around the same theme), so it's worth going through them all.

#6 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (734 posts) -

You need to experience the stress of having a 30 second time limit while a large Shadow Mario hunts you down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.