Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Run

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 15, 2016

Nintendo's first official Mario game for mobile devices is a New Super Mario Bros.-inspired runner.

Super Mario Run - The First ios Mario!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mirado

We live in a brave new world; Mario has made his way to ios. There's two modes; an endless runner, and competitive head-to-head (as in a racing ghost) leaderboard battle mode that's time and features something about "doing dangerous moves to impress Toads and add them to your Mushroom Kingdom."

No Caption Provided

Seems like Pokemon GO was just the start, but at least this one is claimed to have no microtranscations. Your thoughts?

No Caption Provided

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Shivoa

*Very Rorie voice*

So, exclusive to Apple devices then? No Android love? Well who wants it anyway, I'd rather be petting puppies!

But seriously, has Ninty ever looked at a market and not asked, "but what can we do to prevent 90% of our potential customers from accessing/paying for our software?"

Have to admit, Apple and Ninty are certainly two peas in a pod to my mind so a strategic partnership makes a lot of sense. They can swap tips on how to charge twice as much for commodity hardware and not get laughed out of the room.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivoa: Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure they said "First on iOS" meaning it should make its way over the fence before too long.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By stordoff

The Rayman runners were neat, so this could be interesting, but the first Mario game on iOS being a runner is a little underwhelming.

@mirado said:

"doing dangerous moves to impress Toads and add them to your Mushroom Kingdom."

Well, would you like me to show you a few more moves, Toad? Then, please, follow me. Backstage.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stordoff: I'm not sure how the hell you'd do a normal Mario platformer justice with touch screen controls, as those games are all about precise controls, which is basically the opposite of what you can get on a phone. I'd love to see them eventually run a Mario RPG on a phone, but for now, a runner is the best choice given how popular they can be.

gewoonenjel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6288 2397 2689 add me!

Cosa Nostra

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for Fire Emblem and I really hope they bring a Mario RPG to mobile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.