Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 07, 2018

The Switch debut of Nintendo's flagship fighting game series brings together every character from the series' history, bringing the roster to over 70 fighters.

Question regarding Mii Fighters.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Hi everyone,

So this might be a stupid question but will the Mii Fighters be based on your own Mii (as in work identically to Smash Wii U/3DS) or are they now just a standard look given that Mii's aren't as prominent as they once were for Nintendo? Like I said, might be a stupid question but given how Nintendo are handling Mii's on the Switch, can't help but wonder how they will work. I know they were a bit of a joke but I did enjoy playing Mii's with some friends. I'm fine with there being just three classes (I didn't like the move system anyways) but I think it would suck if they only gave means generic looks.

For online gameplay, I bet that Nintendo will probably have generic looks for the Mii Fighters which makes some sense.

Thanks.

Avatar image for misterbananafoam
    MisterBananaFoam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 13

My impression from the trailer is that they're looking to get rid of the weights/custom moveset stuff they added in the 4th installment pertaining to Mii Fighters, which I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're referring to. I almost guarantee they'll allow you to use custom-designed Miis online, just maybe without weight/height playing a significant role in their stats.

That'd be how I'd do it, anyway.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I'm sure they'll allow custom Miis, that's the whole point of having those characters in the first place. You can still make a Mii on the Switch so there's no reason not to allow you to use it.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

That's what I'm hoping, still not convinced Nintendo will allow custom miis online however. But I wasn't sure how Mii's would work with the Switch.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why wouldn’t they allow your Mii online? You can still make one, they just aren’t in the open.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.