Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

A quick question for all of the fightstickers out there

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By v

I was just wondering if any of you guys knew what type of buttons are used on the TE? Are they the OBSF-30's like the SE uses? I was wondering, because I have an old SE stick that I was going to put the TE buttons into and buy new buttons for the TE. Would this work? 

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By v

I was just wondering if any of you guys knew what type of buttons are used on the TE? Are they the OBSF-30's like the SE uses? I was wondering, because I have an old SE stick that I was going to put the TE buttons into and buy new buttons for the TE. Would this work? 

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Yes the TEs use Sanwa 30mm buttons.

Ratcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ratcabbage

I have no idea what you just said, but good luck!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

They don't use the exact same buttons but you will be able to swap your TE buttons into your SE stick. 

Why would you want new buttons though? The buttons in the TE stick are pretty much the best you can hope for.

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By v

@Hunkulese: i just wanted to change the colors of the buttons up on my TE, and if i have the TE buttons free, then i could just swap them into my SE, which i was going to buy buttons for anyways

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By JokerSmilez

The TE uses the Sanwa OBSF-30s, yes. Are you sure the SE does tho? I don't think they do, actually...

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By v
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By JokerSmilez

Ok. Ya, as I understand it, the TE comes with a Sanwa JLF joystick and Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons stock. The SE comes with a quality (but not Sanwa) parts that are easily swappable to Sanwa parts. 

So, if you're looking to put the OBSF-30s from a TE into a SE, they'll go in just fine. And the new OBSF-30s you get for the TE will be identical (except for the color) to what is already in it.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Stang
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " Ok. Ya, as I understand it, the TE comes with a Sanwa JLF joystick and Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons stock. The SE comes with a quality (but not Sanwa) parts that are easily swappable to Sanwa parts.   So, if you're looking to put the OBSF-30s from a TE into a SE, they'll go in just fine. And the new OBSF-30s you get for the TE will be identical (except for the color) to what is already in it. "
    The SE comes with absolute garbage parts manufactured by MadCatz. The buttons die incredibly fast. I had to swap mine out 2 weeks after I bought it.
    v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By v
    @Stang: yeah, what i am going to do is get a new joystick for my SE, then get new buttons for me TE, and take the TE buttons that are in it now (just black and white), and move them to the SE
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Stang
    @V: Sounds like a good plan. Now you will have 2 dependable sticks instead of one. Fuck MadCatz for making the SE such an unreliable piece of garbage.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @V: Sounds like a good plan. Now you will have 2 dependable sticks instead of one. Fuck MadCatz for making the SE such an unreliable piece of garbage. "
    Yeah that stick was kind of a con.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.