Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Any suggestions?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Example1013

I'm trying to just play SSFIV. Currently the issue is that, when I press down on the analog stick and let go, my character jumps. I literally jump by pressing down. It gives the CPU the perfect set-up to destroy me, because I end up trying to do something else, but I'm actually in mid-air. I can't even pull out a match against CPU Ryu on Medium (using Akuma).

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By sfighter21
    @example1013:   Get better.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By McGhee

Don't use the standard controller. Get a fight pad or a fight stick.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Use a different controller? That would be a bummer if you're talking about a stick

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sfighter21

Lol, no but really.  Maybe its a specific controller issue?  Try another controller?  Or, if you are serious and have the money to spend, buy a stick.  Problem solved. 

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Example1013
    @sfighter21: It's a DualShock issue. My roommate and I just had a match, and we both had the same issue.

I was hoping there might be a way to affect change without buying a stick, but I had a feeling that was pretty much what I'd need to do.

Wel, I can at least use the money from the sunglasses I'm going to return...
    Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Leafhopper

Thats an odd problem with the dual shock. Sadly I don't know how to fix it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

What the others are saying.  It sounds like a controller issue.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar

there are plenty of pad warriors out there that use the dual shock controller. if pressing down meant up for everybody we prob would have heard about it by now. part of me feels you're trolling us or haven't tested it out fully. i'll believe you when i see a short vid of you in training mode with input display on, showing that down is up. 

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sfighter21
    @example1013:   Well dude, I dunno what to say.  I used a dualshock 3 for 1 year before I got my stick and it didn't give me any problems you are describing.  I got my stick the December before Super came out...
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Example1013
    @sfighter21: It might just be a Super issue, or my controllers could be showing their age. Either way, it makes it impossible to play effectively, so I guess I'm just gonna have to get a fight stick.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJOR64
    @example1013:   You don't have to get a fightstick in order to play the game properly.  There are tons of plays who use pad and still kick ass like Vangief, best Zangief player in the US and Wolfkrome, arguably the best C. Viper in the US.  Both of them are DualShock 3 Warriors.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Example1013
    @JJOR64: See, now that's the kind of post I'm looking for. I don't mind people telling me I suck, as long as they're telling me I don't have to spend money.

I'd be interested in watching those two play (as in actually watching video of their hands). I'd like to see how they deal with the analog stick issues (or at least whether or not they have them, because it could just be my 4-year-old controllers).
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJOR64
    @example1013:   Vangief's hands look like a normal person.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pessh

Use the fucking dpad.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By TechHits
    @example1013:  don't let the analog stick snap back into place, so try not to take your thumb off the the stick unless it's in a neutral state.

or use the d-pad, as that is what most pad players use (even on a 360 pad)
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Example1013
    @TechHits: I end up having to use the D-pad anyways, because I literally don't think the stick allows for fast enough movement to Focus Cancel. So maybe I'll just start running D-Pad only.

@JJOR64: I was basically just saying I wanted to watch the hand movements to see how Vangief uses the DualShock. I find it's easiest for me to learn how to do things by mimicking someone else. It's largely how I've learned to do a lot of things (tie my shoes, write essays, figure out how to do Akuma's trials, etc. etc.).

@Pessh said:
    " Use the fucking dpad. "
    See, this is the kind of advice I can get behind. Short, simple, effective. Also telling me I'm doing it wrong, which is basically what I wanted to hear.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It's a 'bug' Capcom programmed into the game to sell more fightsticks

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@example1013 said:
    " @TechHits: I end up having to use the D-pad anyways, because I literally don't think the stick allows for fast enough movement to Focus Cancel. So maybe I'll just start running D-Pad only."
    Yeah, man. I have to use the analogue stick when I use my controller, too. Literally cannot use the d-pad - it feels alien. As is, though, dashing out of a focus is crazy hard on the a. stick, so I developed the horrible technique of moving my thumb up to the d-pad to dash, and back down to the stick to carry on the combo.

Ghetto.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Jadeskye

Dpad for street fighter? are you high?

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By AndrewJD

What's going on in here? I see people saying you can't use the d-pad and then someone else says the 360 d-pad is fine.

I will spell it out for you - the ps3 d-pad and analogue stick are both fine for SF, the stick is fine on 360 also. The d-pad on 360 is TERRIBLE you should not use that. DONE.

@GetEveryone
    said:

"I developed the horrible technique of moving my thumb up to the d-pad to dash, and back down to the stick to carry on the combo."
    WUT?!
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gosukiller
    @mubress said:
    " What's going on in here? I see people saying you can't use the d-pad and then someone else says the 360 d-pad is fine.

I will spell it out for you - the ps3 d-pad and analogue stick are both fine for SF, the stick is fine on 360 also. The d-pad on 360 is TERRIBLE you should not use that. DONE.

@GetEveryone
    said:
    "I developed the horrible technique of moving my thumb up to the d-pad to dash, and back down to the stick to carry on the combo."
    WUT?! "
    I can imagine that actually. If I were using a pad I would find the action of pressing a d-pad button twice easier than tilting the stick to the right, then neutral, then right again. 

GetEveryone is still a weird dude, but it's not for this reason.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Example1013
    @GetEveryone said: 

@example1013 said: 

@TechHits: I end up having to use the D-pad anyways, because I literally don't think the stick allows for fast enough movement to Focus Cancel. So maybe I'll just start running D-Pad only."

Yeah, man. I have to use the analogue stick when I use my controller, too. Literally cannot use the d-pad - it feels alien. As is, though, dashing out of a focus is crazy hard on the a. stick, so I developed the horrible technique of moving my thumb up to the d-pad to dash, and back down to the stick to carry on the combo.
    Ghetto.
    "
    Actually I totally do that too, right now. That's how I managed to get through the first 18 of Akuma's challenges (the rest are balls hard just because of how much I have to remember to do in sequence). Like, when I was doing the whole Focus-Attack-into-Ultra I, where you literally have to dash to get off the ultra before the guy hits the ground. Of course, I had to use a Youtube video to figure it out, since Capcom decided to make the tutorials as unintuitive as possible. But that's another story.

@mubress: Yeah and the 360 d-pad is probably the shittiest design I've ever seen for any controller ever.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gosukiller said:
    " GetEveryone is still a weird dude, but it's not for this reason. "
    This guy knows what's up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.