Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

OMFG Makoto changes sound amazing!

Avatar image for antoinediamonds
    AntoineDiamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By AntoineDiamonds

" Normals
    -cr.LK has more range
    -st.LK is now kara-cancellable
    -cr.HK attack box extended, and the damage box has been lowered slightly, making it easier to use as an anti-air
    -cr.HP has slightly more active frames
    -F+LP has a 3 frame startup (formerly 4 frames)

Specials
    -EX Hayate is now armor-break, has a slightly faster startup
    -Fukiage, when the arm is fully extended, the hittable box from her chest up is now barely there, while the attack box is extended, so there are now almost no cases where it trades or is stuffed. It still can't hit grounded opponents however. The start up for all versions have been revised (I'd assume to be faster)
    -EX Tsurugi is now similar to EX Cannon Strike in what height the technique can be executed (instant EX Tsurugi?)
    -UC1 damage distribution has been changed. It still does the same total damage, but because of the change, will do more when the scaling kicks in.
    -UC2 has a faster startup

Other
    -1000 Health
    -The movement frames for forward and back dash have been reduced very slightly (making them faster). Because of this, now HP Hayate > FADC > cr.LK (and some other normals) > LP Hayate now combos. This vastly improves her mix-up game (throw or attack?) "

how awesome is this..this patch can't come soon enough

Avatar image for antoinediamonds
    AntoineDiamonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AntoineDiamonds

" Normals
    -cr.LK has more range
    -st.LK is now kara-cancellable
    -cr.HK attack box extended, and the damage box has been lowered slightly, making it easier to use as an anti-air
    -cr.HP has slightly more active frames
    -F+LP has a 3 frame startup (formerly 4 frames)

Specials
    -EX Hayate is now armor-break, has a slightly faster startup
    -Fukiage, when the arm is fully extended, the hittable box from her chest up is now barely there, while the attack box is extended, so there are now almost no cases where it trades or is stuffed. It still can't hit grounded opponents however. The start up for all versions have been revised (I'd assume to be faster)
    -EX Tsurugi is now similar to EX Cannon Strike in what height the technique can be executed (instant EX Tsurugi?)
    -UC1 damage distribution has been changed. It still does the same total damage, but because of the change, will do more when the scaling kicks in.
    -UC2 has a faster startup

Other
    -1000 Health
    -The movement frames for forward and back dash have been reduced very slightly (making them faster). Because of this, now HP Hayate > FADC > cr.LK (and some other normals) > LP Hayate now combos. This vastly improves her mix-up game (throw or attack?) "

how awesome is this..this patch can't come soon enough

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @AntoineDiamonds: 
    This belongs in SSFIV boards not off topic hehe.

Also, this is nuts. When is this patch and are there full patch notes? I need my C Viper fixes~!~!
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @Xeiphyer:   AE stuff probably wont be out till Q2 next year.
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Flushes

And yet the avoid the one extremely obvious thing wrong with Makoto: her command grab is slow and has ass range across all versions.

taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By taccyp

Hopefully this will make her much more competitive. I'll be honest here, whenever I get matched with a makoto online, I kind of roll my eyes and expect a free win, which is what usually happens. I've probably never played someone who's truly mastered the character, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Flushes said:
    " And yet the avoid the one extremely obvious thing wrong with Makoto: her command grab is slow and has ass range across all versions. "
    Yeah, I hear that. She'll definitely be stronger now, but considering her game is meant to revolve around karakusa, you'd have thought they'd actually make it a viable move.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.